Some, or, let's be honest, many ideas for future faction Dorwinion.
Dorwinion, land of wines, was a trade republic, just like Esgaroth, in South-Eastern Wilderland, at the shores of sea of Rhun. It is populated by Dorwinrim (Northmen) and Avari. Its national colors are red and purple.
For visiting this area you will get achievement "Land of Wineyards".
Dorwinion is split to 2 sub-biomes:
- Dorwinion - the land, which lives on wineyards;
- Dorwinion Tradezone - the land, which lives on trading. Based around river Celduin.
Dorwinion Tradezone has less gardens, but more villages. There is a higher chance that a trader will come nearby to you.
- Steppe - very flat version of Dorwinion. You can meet villages of Dorwinrim here. Often to meet.
- Flower Plains - version of Steppe with abdunance of flowers. Very often to meet.
- Garden - takes 1, 4 or even 9 chunks. This is where grapes, maple, plum and cherry trees grow. There are some Dorwinrim Farmers, from whom you can buy Maple Syrup, Maple Sapplings, Red Wine, Grapes, Grape Seeds, Cherries, Cherry Sapplings, Plums, Plum Sapplings. There is also a house, made of Cherry Wood and Red Stained Clay.
- Forest - forest, containing Maples, Plum Trees and some normal trees. This variant is rare and even rarer in Dorwinion Tradezone.
- Village - always spawns on Riavod waypoint. Possible structures there:
- House - village always spawn atleast 2 of them. It is either made of maple wood, cherry wood or both, and also some red stained clay. Spawns Dorwinrim inside. First floor has a kitchen, big chest, barrel with Red Wine and stairs to second floor. Second floor is smaller, but has a balcony, bed and Dorwinrim Workbench.
- Rich House - compared to normal House, it is always made of Cherry Wood, has 2x3 either Wood-elven or Dorwinrim gate instead of door, many paintings inside, flowers pots and red/orange/purple carpet. Village has a 75% chance to spawn it.
- Avari House - somewhat similiar to High Elven Hall, but only one floor high. Atleast one spawns in village.
- Market has 4 kiosks:
- Avari Kiosk - sells Avari cosmetic stuff.
- Avari Smithy - sells Avari equipment and armor. Armor is "silver scale with deep blue-purple cloak" (thanks to Ithilion for a good description), a little worse overall than Wood-elven. Their equipment, through, is very fast-paced.
- Dorwinrim Farmer - sells grapes, wine, maple syrup, etc.
- Dorwinrim Smithy - sells Dorwinrim equipment and armor. Dorwinrim equipment is influenced by Elven, so it has Battlestaffs. Their armor is "gold lammellar with purple decor, helm is cross between Rohan helm and vinking helm, but gold" (thanks to Ithilion again).
- Fortress - spawns only in Dorwinion Tradezone to protect it from Easterlings. Some Dorwinrim warriors, one Banner Carrier and Captain spawn there. It is 1 floor high building, with Watchtower built in. Inside of Watchtower, there is an Archer.
- Plum Tree - a tree, growing exclusively in Dorwinion Forests and Gardens. It is lower than normal trees, but its leaves are pink (even pinker than Cherry ones), and Plums fall from them.
Waypoints and roads
- Riavod - main port of Dorwinion. X: 124800, Z: 16640.
- Road from River Gate to Riavod. Follows River Celduin.
- Dorwinrim - a man somewhat similiar to Rohirrim, but wears red or purple robe, and usually has beard.
- Female Dorwinrim - because there is no Rohirrim Female, I will base it on Dunlending Female, less wild and with Dorwinrim outfit.
- Dorwinion Avari - an elf, assimilated by Dorwinrim. Doesn't look very different from Dorwinrim, but has no beard, and has eyes and height of elf.
- Dorwinrim Warrior - Dorwinrim with a full set of Dorwinrim armour. Equips either Dorwinrim sword or battlestaff, with which he is dangerous because of reach. Can be bought if +150 Alignment for 30 silver coins.
- Dorwinrim Archer - equips Dorwinrim bow. Equipped like Dorwinrim Warrior. Can be bought if +200 Alignment for 40 silver coins.
- Avari Mercenary - equips Avari bow, and Avari Battlestaff in case of melee attack. Equips very light Avari Armour. Deals a lot of damage but has small defense. Can be bought if +300 Alignment for 50 silver coins.
- Dorwinrim Banner Carrier - Dorwinrim Warrior with banner. Gives effects like any other Banner Carrier. Can be bought if +300 Alignment for 50 silver coins.
- Warrior of Bladorthin Order - a warrior of an old order, created by King Bladorthin. Equips Bladorthin Spear, Avari Bow and Gold-trimmed Dwarven Armor. It is balanced in case of damage and defense. Can be bought if +400 Alignment for 70 silver coins.
- Cavalry of Bladorthin Order - Warrior of Bladorthin Order on a horse. Horse has Dorwinrim Horse Armor. Can be bought if +450 Alignment for 75 silver coins.
- Dorwinrim Captain - looks like Dorwinrim Warrior. Recognizable by coin in his hand and no helmet. You can hire Dorwinrim from him.
- Dorwinrim Merchant - looks like Dorwinrim, but has many golden ornaments on his robe and holds a golden coin (100 coins). Appears in Dorwinion itself, Wilderland, Red Mountains, Rhun, Woodland Realm, Northern Mirkwood and Anduin Vales. You can buy Red Wine, Grapes, Cherries, Maple Syrup, Dorwinrim Equipment and Armor from him. You can sell Dwarven and Elven Steel, Gold, Silver and normal Iron Ingots, Purple and Red Dye and Leather.
|•Avari (in future)|
•Dale/Esgaroth (in future)
- Dorwinion Sword - deals 7 damage, 100% reach and speed. 550 durability.
- Dorwinion Dagger (and its poison variant) - deals 5 damage, 75% reach and 150% speed. 550 durability.
- Dorwinion Battlestaff - deals 7 damage, 150% reach and 83% speed. 550 durability.
- Dorwinion Pike - deals 7 damage, 200% reach and 65% speed. 550 durability.
- Dorwinion Spear - deals 6 damage, 150% reach and 100% speed. 550 durability.
- Dorwinion Bow - has 125% draw speed and range, but normal damage of bow. 850 durability.
- Avari Bow - has 150% draw speed, 110% range, but normal damage of bow. 800 durability.
- Avari Sword - deals 6.5 damage, 100% reach and 117% speed. 450 durability.
- Avari Dagger (and its poison variant) - deals 5 damage, 75% reach and 175% speed. 450 durability.
- Avari Spear - deals 5.5 damage, 150% reach and 117% speed. 450 durability.
- Avari Battlestaff - deals 6.5 damage, 150% reach and 100% speed. 450 durability.
- Grapes - restore 2 hunger points, like any other berries. You can brew Red Wine with them.
- Plums - restore 3 hunger points. They fall from Plum Tree Leaves.
- Bladorthin Spear - deals 7.5 damage, 150% reach and 100% speed. 1200 durability. Very rare find in chests of Dwarven houses in Erebor. "Each had a thrice-forged head and their shafts were inlaid with cunning gold."
- Dorwinrim Gate - violet filling, gold studding, gold netting, rivets.
- Dorwinrim Horse Armor - light armor for horses. Red with golden ornaments.
- Dorwinrim Armor - in total gives 15 armor. "Gold lammellar with purple decor. Helm is cross between Rohan helm and vinking helm, but gold." - Ithilion. For wearing the full set, you will get achievement "Guard of East Republic".
- Avari Armor - in total gives 13 armor. "Silver scale with deep blue-purple cloaks." - Ithilion. For wearing the full set, you will get achievement "Shadow in the Woods".
Dorwinrim equipment and armor are crafted on Dorwinrim Crafting Table, with Iron ingots.
I mentioned that order in NPC section. It was created by the first and the last King Bladorthin a long time ago, to protect Dorwinrim from any Easterling invasions. Recently that order finally bought and recieved their spears, "which were never delivered", and it helped Dorwinion to retake Northern Celduin Coast for better trading.
Dorwinion never invades anyone, if only their enemy somehow gets into Dorwinion. But the Order does. It invades Wilderland (uncommon) and Rhun (uncommon). Easterlings/Logathrim/Balchoth/Wainriders will have a chance to invade Dorwinion Tradezone (uncommon) and normal Dorwinion (rare).
I hope you all enjoyed my MASSIVE suggestions. I hope Mevans won't get shocked by its size. :D