The Far Harad Jungle, in my opinion at least, is much more awesome than Vanilla Minecraft's Jungle biome, be it because of the sky colour, the tropical turquoise water, or the flora and fauna, as well as my friends and allies, the Tauredain, not to mention an overall much more realistic rainforest atmosphere, and stunning natural terrain. However, a jungle is not like a forest or a plains - there is so much more room for more wildlife and plants. Flamingos, scorpions and crocodiles are all very well, but, after all, it is a jungle, a biological hotspot, and so it should live up to that title.
First of all, apart from the crocodiles, the rivers are empty. I think it would be better if certain animals were to be added to the fresh waters of the Far Harad Jungle.
- Piranha: a pack-hunting hostile mob that isn't a big danger on its own, but can be deadly in large numbers. Hostile to anything that enters the water, and drops 1 raw piranha when killed. Piranha meat is exactly the same as Vanilla fish, and can be cooked likewise.
- Arapaima: a massive (3.5 block) red and brown fish that spawns rarely and singularly in the Far Harad River in the jungle. It is not openly hostile, but when provoked, attacks in a manner similar to an iron golem. It should have high health and armour, and drop arapaima scales, which can be used to make moderate-strength armour, as well as arapaima meat, a more filling version of fish, that can be cooked.
- Catfish (I know that there is one user in particular who may support this idea). Catfish should come is several varieties, examples including Brachyplatystoma filamentosum, the Piraiba catfish, Phractocephalus hemioliopterus, the Redtail catfish, Brachyplatystoma tigrinum, the Barred Sorubim, Bagarius yarrelli, the Goonch catfish. The first of the four would be almost three blocks in length, and be grey in color with a white belly, the second would be more thickset than the former, and smaller, at less 1.5 blocks in length, with a black dorsal surface, a white ventral surface, and bright orange-red fins. The Barred Sorubim would be silver with a labyrinth pattern of black markings, and be slightly over 1 block in length, and the Goonch would be a dark green, and two blocks long. The Piraiba and Goonch should be neutral, and when provoked attack similarly to crocodiles, and the other two passive. The species I suggested are just examples, as catfish are a very diverse family, and I am not specifically requesting those four species alone.
- Cichlid: small, brightly coloured fish. Passive.
On land, my chief concerns are the plant life. Currently, only Mahogany and Jungle trees (as well as banana trees along the rivers and occasional mango trees) generate in the jungle. Here are some other plants I may suggest:
- Kapok: rare, massive trees the size of the largest 2x2 jungle trees.
- Traveller's palm: Consisting of a vertically flat fan-shaped canopy, generates rarely.
- Bromeliad: Comes in several varieties, can generate as an epiphyte where there is room on the branches of trees, and also grows in patches on the ground.
- Tillandsia: technically a kind of bromeliad in real life, in the mod can be planted on almost any surface. Example species include Tillandsia bulbosa and Tillandsia caput-medusae.
- Palm tree: Fairly common, generates in groves, especially in Tauredain clearings. Has four coconuts beneath the crown.
- Moss patches - generates on boulders, trees and stone ruins.
- Victoria amazonia Lily pads: large red and green lily pads that generate in water bodies.
Finally, I also suggest a Far Harad Jungle River, seperate from the normal Far Harad River. The water should be greenish-brown in colour, like that of the Congo or Amazon.
I understand that Mevans has greater priorities than this, however, I would still like my ideas to be considered by the community, and hope to see at least some of them implemented.