So a few days ago, this was released on Facebook:
"So now that the Dale/Dorwinion update is but a distant memory, I am sure you are all eager to find out what will be coming next.
The next update has few specific plans yet, but here are some general ideas for what to expect:
- There won't be a new faction. Sorry, Easterling fans, but another load of the same-old new mobs and weapons and armour and buildings and crafting tables and banners and traders are not what the mod needs right now. Everything will benefit much more from a little while dedicated to making the mod 'deeper' rather than 'wider'.
(The next next update [Beta 30] *might* have a new faction though, but then it might not - nothing is planned yet, and it depends on what we want to do.)
- This update will focus on improving various existing factions, and general improvements / new features for the mod and the world of Middle-earth.
- This has begun with a couple of interesting improvements to road and river generation, which may or may not have been said to be impossible in the past :^)
- It will hopefully be quite a short update, between 1-2 months, since there won't be any big shiny flagship feature this time.
- Many of you will be happy to know this: Gondor and Rohan, in particular, are high priorities on the list of factions to get new features and improvements.
- It won't be a LOTR Mod update without at least one new alcoholic drink and a new tree type, will it?
- And last but not least: we really don't want people to think we will sneak in a surprise unannounced new faction every update from now on.
The Dorwinion surprise was fun, but seriously, that took a whole lot of hard work, and it's not something I'd like to do again soon. So please don't expect more surprise factions - you will only disapppoint yourself, and we'd hate for that to happen.
Now get back to making your cram and wine.
What could this add? What does it mean? Let the speculation, begin!