Hello guys, here are some features that I think dorwinion needs to defend their lands and why they need them. These reasons involve Gameplay and logical reasons.
Forts: I really think dorwinion needs forts. Perhaps a combination of stone brick, dorwinion brick, and a clay tile stair of somesort."But eli, dorwinion is a trading faction, not a militant one, why would they need forts?
- dorwinion players need a proper defence against bandits and in the future, khanate.
- a rich medieval nation would have at least basic fortifications to defend their lands against invasion.
- it is obvious that dorwinion could be a target with great rewards if conquered. The people and lords of dorwinion are most likely aware of this.
- simple camps can easily get overrun by bandits or the khanate.
- with an imminent threat of the khanate, proper fortifications are necessary.
- forts are necessary to govern and enforce order in provinces.
- camps are only temporary settlements only used for travelling.
Cavalry: I also think Cavalry is also important for the defence of dorwinion. I propose that horses should spawn in dorwinion. I think that the only the guards of bladorthin should be the only ones mounted. They should be a light cavalry with no horse armor. Here are my reasons why:
- dorwinion players needs convenient mounts to move throughout dorwinion amd elsewhere.
- they can be used for law enforcement, running down fleeing banits with ease outside the vineyards.
- they can be used to relay messages between lords across the country. It wouldn't make sense to do all that on foot.
- A rich country such as dorwinion most likely would have taxes. It also doesn't make sense that taxes would be traveled from a province all the way to a capital on foot.
Here is all I have. Feel free to kudos and speak your mind.