Wood-men! To war!
The Wood-men are in a close alliance with the Wood-elves, and their gear looks much alike, but where the Wood-elves' color scheme is more grey, olive green, and grey/brown, the Wood-men's is more warm browns, reds, oranges, and clover greens and a little lime.
This post is for the Wood-men of Mirkwood and many things concerning them.
The following biomes would be added:
- Wooded Havens - Two safe hotspots on the Western section of Mirkwood where the Wood-men will spawn. Horses, elk, and sheep (lots and lots of sheep) will spawn here, along with the regular passive creatures. Spiders of Dol Guldur will spawn on the edges, and so can Dol Guldur orcs if an invasion is launched.
A number of new items would be added.
- Wood-man Crafting Table - A necessary block for all of the following. Should be crafted with planks and Mirk-oak Beams on itself.
- Wood-man Equipment - The Wood-men will have every tool in the game, (axe, pick, shovel, and hoe) with the fastest axe in the game. They would have a Long-spear, a Battle-ax, a Compound Bow (very fast firing, but relatively low damage: 6-9), a Battle-stave, Sword, a Dagger, a Spear, and a Hammer.
- Wood-man Armour - The standard armour of the Wood-men.
- Wood-man Hunter Armour - A Wood-man equivalent of he Wood-elven Scout Armour, except with Jump Boost I instead of Speed II.
- Wood-man Captain Helm - A special Helm crafted with a Wood-man Helm, a feather above it, and three silver ingots on the other three sides on the Wood-man Crafting Table.
- Horn of Conquest - Works like any other Horn of Conquest.
- A Banner with a clover green background with orange trimming and with two crossed Woodmen Battle-axes behind a brown tree with red leaves.
- Wood-man Brick, a darker version of the vanilla Minecraft stone brick. It also has cracked, mossy, and pillar variants.
The Wooded Havens would get the following NPCs:
- Wood-men - Wood-men who spawn in the Wooded Havens.
- Lumberjacks - Wood-man who work like Farm-hands, but they chop down trees for you instead.
- Wood-man Hunter - Wood-men with Hunter Armour and Wood-men Battle-axes which they might exchange for either a bow or throwing axe when at a range. They will occasionally spawn with 1-3 tamed wolves for back-up, and might also be hired with wolves, though it is completely random.
- Wood-man Warriors - Wood-men with Wood-man Warrior Armour and melee Wood-men weaponry.
- Wood-man Archers - Wood-men with Bows which they will exchange for either Throwing-axes or Daggers when at a melee range.
- Wood-man Cavalry - A mounted version of the Wood-man Warriors
- Wood-man Cavalry Archers - A mounted version of the Wood-man Archers
- Wood-man Banner Bearer - A Wood-man Warrior with a Banner. As any other Banner Bearer.
- Head Lumberjack - The unit you hire Lumberjacks from.
- Wood-man Captains - The unit you hire everything else from.
- Wood-man Merchant - A man who wanders the land, selling you his wares. (mostly wood-related)
- Wood-man Trader - A trader who's variants include Lumber Trader and Food Trader.
The following structures would now generate in the Morgul Vale.
- Wood-men Fortress - These Fortresses would have several sizes. They would all have thick walls with a two block thick beam wall.
- Houses - Structures with a Wood-men brick floor and with the first block level of the wall made of Wood-men brick but with the rest made of Mirk-oak beams and a loped roof.
- Trader Stalls - Small shacks with a Wood-men traders in them.
- Fire-pit - 3x3 campfires, complete with cut logs for benches, a chest, and a logpile.
- Mess-tent - Large rooms made out of Mirk-oak beams, containing a table with seats and food/drink for the Wood-men. There would be barrels, furnaces, and chests along the walls.
- Wood-men Tower - A small stubby variant of the Wood-elven Tower. These towers would be made of a little Wood-man Brick, but mostly wood-beams(green-oak) in the same style as Wood-elven Towers, and with weapon racks to display two random melee weapons. Wood-men Captains would spawn at the top, and variants of the troops will spawn all around the tower.
- Wood-man House - See above.
- Wood-men Stables - Stables made of Wood-men brick and mirk-oak beams. Loot chests, horses, elk, and a few Wood-men Warriors/Archers would spawn here.
- Wood-men Lumberjack Camp - A large camp with a Head Lumberjack and 3-8 other lumberjacks, plus a few chests with loot.
- Wood-men Ruins - Scattered ruins of houses and rarely some old towers.
[Friend of the Woods] - Get 10 Wood-man alignment.
[Chieftain of the Woods] - Get 100 Wood-man alignment.
[Champion of the Woods] - Get 1000 Wood-man alignment.
[Home of the Wood-men] - Enter the Wooded Havens
[The Raiders of Dol Guldur] - Kill a Wood-man.
[The Bane of the Woods] - Kill a Wood-man Warrior.
[Lumberjack] - Hire units from a Wood-man Lumberjack.
[The Wood-men] - Hire units from a Wood-man Captain.
[Hunter of the Woods] - Equip a full set of Wood-man Hunter Armour.
[Warrior of the Woods] - Equip a full set of Wood-man Armour.
[Captain of the Woods] - Equip a Wood-man Captain Helm.
Kudos and criticisive comments welcome, have fun and enjoy!
Edhelgwath, Shade-Elf 21:09, April 8, 2017 (UTC)