Mae govannen, my dudes! Being a birbwatcher, I love suggesting that the mod team add copious and unnecessary amounts of birb species. Currently, the oceans are very empty of live, and Tolkien mentions a few kinds of seabirbs at various times. As such, I made some textures for them.
These birbs are found mainly out to sea. Special features apply to several of them. These can be either variants of a "Seabirb" mob, or unique ones.
- Petrel: Found across the ocean. Spawns at night on rocky shorelines from latitude of Lindon north, and does not fly until day.
- Fulmar: Spawns at sea and rocky shoreline from the latitude of Forlindon northwards.
- Gannet: Spawns at sea and on rocky shoreline from Lindon northwards, and off the coast of West and South Harad. Large colonies can be found rarely.
- Albatross: Spawns far out to sea in the southern hemisphere, and on islands. Rare, does not flap. I can make other species besides the Atlantic Yellow-Nosed I used as an example.
- Skua: Piratic birb found out to sea, and at shoreline north of Forlindon and on islands. It will attack other birbs and players for their food.
- Jaeger (another kind of Skua in English terminology): Found across the seas, and on the tundra and Forodwaith. Like the Skua, will attack birbs and players for food.
I also wanted to make Puffin, Great Auk, and Cormorant textures. However, these would require models which I do not know how to make. I would really appreciate it if any reader who does know how to create one could whip one up.
Just a few new textures representing different Gull species. The name should be changed to "gull" as well, which Tolkien used and is scientifically correct. I get triggered easily by that kind of thing.
- Black-Backed Gull
- Black-Headed Gull
- Herring Gull
- Mew Gull: My (and Tolkien's, apparently) favorite gull.
Lastly, to address seabirb AI: currently, gulls will fly into the water until they drown. If possible, could they sit on it instead? This is realistic, as no species on the list dives. Except Gannets, who perform incredible dives far down into the water. If this is included, they should never drown.
Thanks for reading! As always, comments, kudos, and constructive criticism is much appreciated.
EDIT: Fixed some absolutely atrocious typos. ~Recneps