I think shields would be a fantastic addition to the mod. As do most everyone here. But, simply put, dual-wielding of any kind would not work because of Bandits and Crows, and such. This poses a dilemma to anyone who wants shields.
Enter: Shields 2.0!
How they would work: If you had a full set of, say, Lindon Armor, and you had enough alignment to have obtained the shield, and you have it equipped, when you right click with a WEAPON your shield would activate and you would receive a Shield Bar.
- It would only remain for as long as you right-clicked.
- It would basically function like another Health Bar, but would look like a bunch of shield icons.
- It would have as many Shield Points as Armor Points, so if you had full Lindon Armor, the Shield Bar would have 8 points in it.
- They would go down like regular health, unprotected by armor, until there were no more left.
- They would regen with 1 point per 3 seconds, so you wouldn't have to worry about it disappearing forever.
As you might have noticed, this only works with Alignment Shields. Other Shields, such as Donator and Lambengolmor would function the same, but with Iron Armor level protection.
Other shields, like The Bronze Adventurer and the Alcoholic would function on a Bronze level armor protection except for the Mithril Adventurer's Shield which would copy off Mithril.
I know that I posted about this before, and I am not trying to get myself banned, but this is a whole new idea that I think might actually work simply because all you would need to do is code a scanner, see if you had the right armor and shield equipped, a copy your Armor Points and put them in the Shield Bar. I am truly simply trying to help make the mod better. AND it won't require dual-wielding!
Thanks for reading! Kudos are appreciated but if your button is broken, simply reply: Kudos!