I'm sure this has been suggested recently, but I wanted to take a spin at it. As you can see, I haven't thought of modifiers for all factions, so feel free to post ideas!
Note: I know that the Mod is updating, and I'm not trying to impede that. I'm just hoping that this may be considered after it has updated.
You can get these Modifiers after you've pledged to a faction. Once you pledge, one will appear in your inventory, and afterward you'll have a rare chance of finding others of its kind.
Note 2: I'm not suggesting dragons be added. Any mentions of dragons are purely for when they are added.
Without further ado, here are some of my (and others) ideas for faction specific modifiers!
Dol Guldur: Curse of the Necromancer: Poisons any enemies who attack you. (NPCs who use spears, pikes, or ranged weapons are unaffected. Trolls, Ents, and Huorns also remain unaffected).
Rohan: This would basically be a bane, but it would appear on a weapon that has a certain number of mounted kills. It would add +4 damage when the user is mounted.
Idea from this page:
I would have asked for permission, but the OP had no username or address so \:
Durin's Folk: Skill of the Dwarves: Can be used on any Durin's Folk Mattock or Pickaxe: Increases attack Block breaking speed and gives extra looting from ores. This idea was suggested by Sleifer. Kudos to them!
Azaghâl's Memory: Increases fire resistance by 5+.
Dale: Dragonslayer: Increases damage against Dragons, Drakes, and Wyrms.
Rangers of the North: Ranger Stealth: Allows you to go invisible so long as hostile mobs are 5 blocks away.
Hobbits: Pebbles fired from slings at leaves have a 30% chance of knocking down that trees fruit, a 10% chance of knocking down a sapling, and a 60% chance of knocking down a stick.
Let me know if you have any ideas for other factions! Reviews, criticism, and ideas welcome!