IRL drinking too much alcohol can have negative effects beyond getting drunk.
Any player that does not have much alcohol tolerance that drinks an extremely potent drink (e.g. vodka), in addition to nausea, they get Alcohol Poisoning, which functions like poison but slower acting.
However, unlike poisoned drink, alcohol poisoning is not lethal.
Short submission, but its one I think would be cool.
More uses of poison in the lotr mine craft mod : So we have arrows daggers and drinks for being poisoned in the game but what about using that (or perhaps other types of poison bottles in game ) on crops (crafting food out of them creates poisoned food that does not appear in name but still does dot effect ) on food or on cows (represents them grazing on poison as grazing isn't a gameplay mechanic ) then the cows milk does not clear debuffs but instead does damage over time in lotr mod (plausible lore example poisoned crops have been used in medieval era so middle earth makes sense also poisons are low tech definite lore example great plague of angmar ) also make crops burnable if possible if practical make water poisonable in the same way cows are right click then drinking it makes you poison also for kegs make those poisonable by tapping with poison
Sincerely a fandom contributor
Um.... more blocks. Yeah
Dalish Pastry Oven - has texture like a Dalish crafter meets hobbit oven. Cannot cook meat and the like, but can cook bread into Danish Pastry Bread, flour (wheat in millstone) into bread, and perhaps other recipes. Must be crafted using cobblestone around a hobbit oven in a dalish crafting table. Cooking in one grants the achievement and title "Dalish Pastry Chef"
Grindstone - used to sharpen swords and other tools. Click once with a weapon to sharpen. Lowers durability but has small chance of giving a damage modifier. Tops out at keen. Deals 8-16 durability damage per click, or less if that is too OP. Craft smooth stone on the first six blocks and a wood plank, a stick, and another wood plank at the bottom, in that order.
Whetstone - a pocket sized grindstone which deals less durability damage (2-4) but much lower chance of giving a modifier. Tops out at sharp. Craft 2 smooth stone. Each whetstone can be used 10 times.
Mug of Endless Beer - a standard mug, filled with either ale, mead, vodka, dwarven ale, or maple beer of any potency. Once you drink from it, you take minor damage (like orc draught) but it never ends. Can be poisoned, but must be found in chests or from powerful foes.
Arrow box - crafted either in a cauldron formation with dried reeds to make dried version or with wooden planks to make wood version. Can be filled with a stack of arrows. Click with an empty hand to retrieve one arrow, shift click to open a GUI with the whole stack.
Quiver (not a block, but still) - craft with either an arrow box and leather, or leather in a door formation. Can be attached to a chestplate or pants, and once again, can be filled with arrows. Press a button to open the GUI where you can input the arrows or take it out. Killing an enemy with a single shot from a quiver with only 1 arrow gives you the achievement - One in the quiver, and a similar title.
Some ideas put forward by Catman330, Dragonovith and I about the need for a Beverage update!
Also, thanks to Minecraftmage113 for his assessment of this original draft and all the comments he has made.
Heres some of them:
- The Name of the Drink (customized so not just 'red wine') - This should be featured within the Barrel GUI and should be named without XP or in an anvil.
- The IGN (in-game-name) of the Player who made it - This would be set out like an author to a book.
- A correspondance between the hobbit date and the age of the barrel- like in irl how drinks are worth more as they grow older- this could be represented in a very slow further fermentation process, so to make the drink even more potent. This also creates a market for older, more Vintage barrels
- Perhaps being able to make cocktails ( eg. a mix of miruvor and ale or having vodka and pomegrante drinks), or add certain ingredients to add interesting abilities, such as having certain flowers giving eg. underwater breathing for a set time. Perhaps it is mixed in a 'copper mixing tank' by inserting drinks with the '"name defaulting to "<Dominant drink> Cocktail" and then mix the overlays of the drinks as well as effects based on the ratio of the drinks (EX: 1 potent miruvour, and 2 potent vodka, 54%*2 over 3 for alcoholicity, that would set it to 36%, and the miruvour would be 120/3 or 40 seconds of speed/strength 1. titled Vodka cocktail. Another example: 1 potent miruvour, 1 potent orc draught, 1 potent vodka. Alcohol values: 0%, 0%, 54% add together, divide by 3, you get 18% alcohol content, then for effects it is: 2min, 3min, 0, for speed/strength so 300/3 or 100 seconds. and for damage it is 6/3 or 2. title: Miruvour cocktail (first ingredient))'" (Text in the bold '" '" is from Minecraftmage330)
- Customizable barrels- having the ability to add gilded rings around it such as gold- makes the barrrel look a lot nicer, also the ability to change the wood of the barrel by clicking on it with some wood planks (like moss in chisel) would add a very nice feature to the brewing world.
- The addition of sugar increasing the rate of fermentation.
- The region where the drink has come from ( such as 'The Shire')- could be customizable such as having 'Longbottom Distillery' or 'Whitehorse Farm' - Naturally, this could replace the Brewer's name if there are multiple people working to make it, therefore there should be two input boxes and one filled in and the other not (this is in an extra tab of the barrel GUI - a bit like the one in the banner setup)
- Multi-block barrels so you can have a 3x3x3 barrel which can have a capacity of 432 drinks
- Copper pipes- in this mod copper isnt really used for anything that useful (correct me if im wrong) so have copper pipes which can be connected to the large barrels to smaller ones- helping out the taverns on our servers! It could work by using the same principles of pipes in the old Tekkit pack, but just using 'magic' there could be valves at the ends to open/close these pipes. A user could create a 'ring' of these pipes so it has a cool effect of moving alcohol in a sort-of steampunk bar.
- (Wine) Bottles- These beverage carries could hold a capacity of 5 drinks and can be placed on a Wine rack- they could be different colours. Bottles of alcohol could be sealed- having a further very slow fermentation beyond potent, but the seal is naturally broken when the first drink is poured from it.
- Wine Rack- this decorative feature is as practical as it is beautiful, a really nice way to store your bottles rather than just in chests. This could work with a small GUI similar to that a very small chest - perhaps with a capacity of 4 wine bottles or maybe 9? Please discuss in the comments.
- Legendary Recipes, these could be created by the mod creators and could be a very very rare spawn in old ruins, they could be named after old lore characters and carry better effects than just the standard drinks. Admins on servers should have a form of plugin to help make these legendary recipes. eg. Legolas' Liquour, Gandalf's Grunge, Radagast's 'Herbal' Brew or Arda Ale
Any other suggestions pls post in the comments and ill add them and say it was your idea!
We all know (and love) the beverages that Mevans has added to this mod. But right now, alcohol effects are only Nausuea and drunken-text. I've been breeding on this for a long time, and I think I found some fun features that can be added.
1. First of all, a lot of people really want this: a meter to show your current alcohol tolerance. It might be used just as the Alignement meter, with some places that show when you can drink (for instance) Moderate Vodka without getting drunk.
2. Drinking 10 mug's of Vodka is fun! Right? Right?! Yeah... Alcohol poisoning is common in the real world, so why not in this mod? When drinking too much beverages after each other, you might get either A. poison effect B. lose (half?) a heart damage or C. get some really nasty effects, like the rivers in Mirkwood.
3. New achievements with Alcohol, sounds fun to me. Some of the famous drinks can have a achievement to them, which can be tied to this "Alcohol-Tolerance-Bar". When you don't get easily drunk, the achievement will unlock.
4. Coma... some people can not stop drinking and end up in a coma because the amount of alcohol in their blood. This one goes hand in hand with point 2: after a really big amount of alcohol, the change of getting in coma increases. This means that you fall flat on the ground (like in a bed) and not being able to move or anything. Your chat would be so unclear that no-one can actually understand what you are trying to tell.
If you have an idea, please help me expand this list!