Some ideas put forward by Catman330, Dragonovith and I about the need for a Beverage update!
Also, thanks to Minecraftmage113 for his assessment of this original draft and all the comments he has made.
Heres some of them:
- The Name of the Drink (customized so not just 'red wine') - This should be featured within the Barrel GUI and should be named without XP or in an anvil.
- The IGN (in-game-name) of the Player who made it - This would be set out like an author to a book.
- A correspondance between the hobbit date and the age of the barrel- like in irl how drinks are worth more as they grow older- this could be represented in a very slow further fermentation process, so to make the drink even more potent. This also creates a market for older, more Vintage barrels
- Perhaps being able to make cocktails ( eg. a mix of miruvor and ale or having vodka and pomegrante drinks), or add certain ingredients to add interesting abilities, such as having certain flowers giving eg. underwater breathing for a set time. Perhaps it is mixed in a 'copper mixing tank' by inserting drinks with the '"name defaulting to "<Dominant drink> Cocktail" and then mix the overlays of the drinks as well as effects based on the ratio of the drinks (EX: 1 potent miruvour, and 2 potent vodka, 54%*2 over 3 for alcoholicity, that would set it to 36%, and the miruvour would be 120/3 or 40 seconds of speed/strength 1. titled Vodka cocktail. Another example: 1 potent miruvour, 1 potent orc draught, 1 potent vodka. Alcohol values: 0%, 0%, 54% add together, divide by 3, you get 18% alcohol content, then for effects it is: 2min, 3min, 0, for speed/strength so 300/3 or 100 seconds. and for damage it is 6/3 or 2. title: Miruvour cocktail (first ingredient))'" (Text in the bold '" '" is from Minecraftmage330)
- Customizable barrels- having the ability to add gilded rings around it such as gold- makes the barrrel look a lot nicer, also the ability to change the wood of the barrel by clicking on it with some wood planks (like moss in chisel) would add a very nice feature to the brewing world.
- The addition of sugar increasing the rate of fermentation.
- The region where the drink has come from ( such as 'The Shire')- could be customizable such as having 'Longbottom Distillery' or 'Whitehorse Farm' - Naturally, this could replace the Brewer's name if there are multiple people working to make it, therefore there should be two input boxes and one filled in and the other not (this is in an extra tab of the barrel GUI - a bit like the one in the banner setup)
- Multi-block barrels so you can have a 3x3x3 barrel which can have a capacity of 432 drinks
- Copper pipes- in this mod copper isnt really used for anything that useful (correct me if im wrong) so have copper pipes which can be connected to the large barrels to smaller ones- helping out the taverns on our servers! It could work by using the same principles of pipes in the old Tekkit pack, but just using 'magic' there could be valves at the ends to open/close these pipes. A user could create a 'ring' of these pipes so it has a cool effect of moving alcohol in a sort-of steampunk bar.
- (Wine) Bottles- These beverage carries could hold a capacity of 5 drinks and can be placed on a Wine rack- they could be different colours. Bottles of alcohol could be sealed- having a further very slow fermentation beyond potent, but the seal is naturally broken when the first drink is poured from it.
- Wine Rack- this decorative feature is as practical as it is beautiful, a really nice way to store your bottles rather than just in chests. This could work with a small GUI similar to that a very small chest - perhaps with a capacity of 4 wine bottles or maybe 9? Please discuss in the comments.
- Legendary Recipes, these could be created by the mod creators and could be a very very rare spawn in old ruins, they could be named after old lore characters and carry better effects than just the standard drinks. Admins on servers should have a form of plugin to help make these legendary recipes. eg. Legolas' Liquour, Gandalf's Grunge, Radagast's 'Herbal' Brew or Arda Ale
Any other suggestions pls post in the comments and ill add them and say it was your idea!