|“||‘I am afraid we must go back to the Road here for a while,’ said Strider. ‘We have now come to the River Hoarwell, that the Elves call Mitheithel. It flows down out of the Ettenmoors, the troll-fells north of Rivendell, and joins the Loudwater away in the South.||”|
–The Fellowship of the Ring, Flight to the Ford
The Angle is a wild land that lies between the rivers Hoarwell and Loudwater. However, it is in this very land that the last settlements of the Dúnedain of the North lie, hidden and well guarded by the skillful Rangers and Outriders of the Dúnedain.
Upon entering this guarded land one receives the achievement, "A Fastness in the Wild".
There are three structures that can currently be found in the Angle:
- Dúnedain Village: A settlement of the last Dúnedain consisting of several buildings, sometimes enclosed by a wooden stockade. Sometimes a blacksmith can be found there.
- Ranger Watchtower: Wooden structures built so as to keep watch over the lands of the Dúnedain.
- Ranger Camp: The camps of the wandering Dúnedain rangers, here one can find a captain.
Mobs and NPCs
- Dúnedain: The Men and Women that make up the last remnant of the Northern Dúnedain.
- Ranger of the North: The secretive Warriors of the Dúnedain who patrol the wilds of Eriador, said to be some of the most skilled in all Middle-Earth.
- Dúnedain Blacksmith: A trader found in the Dúnedain Smithy that will happily sell their goods to any worthy Player.
- Gundabad Orc: the wicked Orcs of the Mountains who by night attempt to pillage the lands of the Dúnedain.
- Gundabad Wargs: the Wolves of Gundabad, who alongside the Orcs accomplices pose a deadly threat to the Dúnedain by night.
Mining in the Angle is quite standard and a variety of common minerals can be found in this Biome.
As the Angle is for the most part a land of hills and plains, vegetation is sparse here save in the scattered areas of forest. However, it is worth noting that the Kingsfoil weed can rarely be found here.
|The Dúnedain of the North|
The Tolkien Gateway has an article on: