|“||Beside them, running up and down the line, went two of the large fierce uruks, cracking lashes and shouting.||”|
–-The Return of the King, Chapter XII. The Land of Shadow
The Black Uruk Captain is a captain that spawns in Black Uruk Fortresses in Mordor. Players who have at least +400 Mordor alignment will be able to hire Black Uruks and Olog-Hai from them, provided they've pledged their allegiance to Mordor. These fearsome warriors are equipped with Black Uruk Armour, an Orc Skull Staff in their right hand, and a coin in their left.
Upon hiring a unit from a Black Uruk Captain, the player will earn the achievement "Legions of Lugbúrz."
Similarly to typical Black Uruks, the chance of being attacked by the Captains decreases as your alignment grows, until they stop attacking entirely once you reach 100+ alignment.
Captains spawn in the courtyard of Black Uruk forts, and will wander the area. They don't fight hostile NPCs in the vicinity unless attacked first. If slain a coin will float over its head like with other merchant/captain NPCs, until they respawn.
The Black Uruk Captain can drop rotten flesh, orc draught, black uruk steel, and a variety of Black Uruk armour and weaponry, they also share the very small chance to drop a shiny shirt on death with their fellow Black Uruks.
Units for HireEdit
Once reaching +400 Mordor alignment, you can hire the fearsome Black Uruks, alongside Olog-Hai, from the Captain. However, none of the units offered are able to be hired unless the player is pledged to Mordor. Note, the listed prices are the prices available at the minimum required alignment.
|Unit||Cost (Silver Coins)||Alignment (Mordor)||Requires Pledge
|Black Uruk||120 ()||+650.0||Yes|
|Black Uruk Archer||160 ()||+700.0||Yes|
|Black Uruk Banner Bearer||160 ()||+800.0||Yes|
- What do silver coins and Man-flesh have in common? I never have enough of them!
- You want some soldiers, Person? I want some coins.
- Get your fighting Uruks here! They don't come cheap!
- I want to get my stinking hands on some more silver coins!
- The elite forces of Mordor are ready for hire, maggot!
- Mordor has many fine stinking Orcs for you to command!
- The best of Lugbúrz don't come cheap, Person!
- You want to hire the elites of Lugbúrz? Then bring me a load of stinking coins!
- You want my boys, you can have them! For a dozen silver coins of course. Ha! Ha!
- My boys are the finest Uruks in all of Mordor! They'll serve you well - for the right price...
- Orcs aren't free, much less Uruk-hai! You'll need to give me some coins, or no deal!
- Come and get your warrior Orcs here!
- You think I'd sell my top soldiers to scum like you? Ha!
- Only the fiercest of Men can command my Uruk-hai, Person.
- Work some more evil, and then perhaps I'll consider trading units with you.
- Come back when you've proven your worth, maggot.
- I'm not selling any Uruks to you until you kill some more filthy enemies!
- The Black Uruk-hai of Mordor would never follow a weakling like you, Person!
- You think Lugbúrz just hands out its best Orcs to any old maggot?
- You will need to prove yourself to the Eye, if you wish to command his mighty Uruks.
- I don't just let any old maggot hire my Uruks! Come back when you have some Man-blood on your hands!
- Go kill some of those filthy Gondorians and then I might let you hire some of my fine Uruks.
- We Black Uruks only follow true servants of the Eye.
- Prove yourself to the Eye and I will let you command my soldiers!
- Have you not been driven out by our armies yet, scum?
- I'll bleed you like a stuck pig!
- Enjoy your last breath, scum!
- You're nice and fresh!
- Kill the scum!
- Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys!
- You stink of fear!
- Die, Man-scum!
- Your blood smells fresh!
- I'll skewer you like a piece of meat!
- You'd better start running, maggot!
- Come any closer and I'll stick you like a fresh cut of meat!
- We dine on Man-flesh tonight!
- Once I'm done with you, you'll be nothing but a pile of bones!
- I will feast on your flesh, Man-filth!
- I'll make dinner out of you!
- You've messed with the wrong Orc, Man-scum!
- I will have your head, scum of Gondor!
- Kill the tark!
- Filthy tark tried to knife me!
- Tark scum! Come on, boys!
|The Legions of Mordor|
Black Uruk (Archer) •
Orc (Archer, Banner Bearer, Bombardier)