Blackroot Vale Bowlords are the hiring NPCs of the Blackroot Vale. They are easily recognizable by their lack of helmet and the coin in their hand.
As with most hiring NPCs, the Bowlords will not attack evil players or mobs, unless provoked. If that happens, they will start shooting at them with their Blackroot Bow.
Upon reaching +150 alignment with Gondor, players can hire units in exchange for silver coins. Below are the price ranges and alignment requirements of each unit. Note that the price decreases as your alignment increases.
|Unit||Unpledged Cost (Silver Coins)||Pledged Cost (Silver Coins)||Alignment Required (Gondor)||Requires Pledge (Gondor)|
|Gondor Levyman||20-40 ( to )||10-20 ( to )||+150||No|
|Blackroot Vale Soldier||30-60 ( to )||15-30 ( to )||+200||No|
|Blackroot Vale Bowman||50-100 ( to )||25-50 ( to )||+250||No|
|Blackroot Vale Cavalry||50-100 ( to )||25-50 ( to )||+300||No|
|Blackroot Vale Banner Bearer||50-100 ( to )||25-50 ( to )||+350||No|
- Do you seek to command the soldiers of the Blackroot Vale, Person?
- Our forces can be yours to command for only a small sum of silver.
- Our soldiers need paying, Person!
- Bring some silver coins and you can have some hired bowmen.
- Are you here with the intention of hiring my archers?
- I can grant you some soldiers in return for silver coins.
- The Men of Mornan now respect you enough to follow you into battle, Person.
- The people of the Blackroot Vale trust you, Person. You may command our valiant bowmen.
- Do you wish to command the mighty bowmen of the Blackroot Vale?
- For a few dozen silver coins, you can command very valiant and loyal soldiers.
- If you wish to take my troops to battle, you'll have to pay for them!
- Give me some silver coins and I'll give you some soldiers!
- Only strong friends of the Blackroot Vale may command our armies, Person.
- If you wish to command the forces of the Blackroot Vale, you must prove that we can trust you.
- Are you friend or foe, Person?
- They say you are a friend of the Men of Mornan, but I cannot be sure until you have done more good.
- One does not simply command Blackroot bowmen without earning some reputation first.
- You are not yet thought of highly enough to lead our bowmen into battle, Person.
- Show us that you can be trusted, Person, and we will allow you to lead our soldiers.
- You wish to command my bowmen? You'll have to prove yourself to the people of the Blackroot first, Person.
- Only a true friend of the Blackroot Vale can lead our valiant soldiers into battle.
- You'll have to prove yourself as an ally of the Mornan-folk before you can command my bows, Person.
- You must do more good deeds for the people of these vales if you wish to command our armies.
- Prove your allegiance to the Blackroot Vale and I will let you command my warriors.
- You may go no further. You will not enter Gondor!
- Sons of Gondor! Hold your ground!
- You may not enter Gondor, Person!
- For Gondor!
- You are an enemy of the throne of Gondor, Person!
- Enemies have entered Gondor!
- By the White Tree, I will see you slain!
- I swear to Gondor that your death shall be swift!
- Your death shall be swift, Person!
- This is a fell hour for Gondor indeed!
- No pity for the foes of Gondor!
- You will not see the end of this day, servant of the Shadow!
- Begone from our lands, foul scum of Mordor!
- I will not allow you to harm the free folk of Gondor, Person!
- In the name of the kings of old, I shall destroy you!
- No enemies of Gondor may pass freely into our land!
|The Men of Gondor|
Soldier (Archer, Banner Bearer, Tower Guard)