Upon hiring a unit from the Blue Mountains Commander, the player earns the achievement "The Mountains' Might".
List of Units Available For Hiring Edit
|Unit||Unpledged Cost (Silver Coins)||Pledged Cost (Silver Coins)||Alignment Required (Blue Mountains)||Requires Pledge (Any Dwarf)|
|Blue Mountains Dwarf||20-40 ( to )||10-20 ( to )||+200||No|
|Blue Mountains Warrior||N/A||15-30 ( to )||+250||Yes|
|Blue Mountains Axe-thrower||N/A||25-50 ( to )||+300||Yes|
|Boar Rider||N/A||25-50 ( to )||+350||Yes|
|Boar Axe-Thrower Rider||N/A||35-70 ( to )||+400||Yes|
|Banner Bearer||N/A||25-50 ( to )||+400||Yes|
- I can offer you some fine fighting Dwarves in exchange for silver coins, Person.
- Greetings, Person! Looking to hire some warriors?
- You wish to command the mighty armies of the dwarves? My men will follow you, but not for free.
- Give me some silver coins, and I'll give you some units!
- If you want some fine warriors, you've come to the right Dwarf!
- Dwarf warriors aren't cheap! You'll have to pay a good price to command my lads!
- Good day, Person! I have some fine battle-hungry Dwarves that will serve you valiantly for the right price.
- I have many strong Dwarves for hire.
- My Dwarves are strong and loyal warriors.
- We Dwarves are great and valiant warriors. Do you have what it takes to lead us into battle?
- My Dwarves will serve you... for the right price! Ha! Ha!
- I will not let any simple man command my lads. Prove your worth to our kin and then come back!
- You'll have to prove your worth if you want to hire some units, Person!
- You want to hire my Dwarves? Go and kill some more orcs first, or something.
- You've got no chance of commanding a Dwarven army without some deeds to your name, lad!
- You want to hire some Dwarves? You must prove your standing amongst our people first!
- I'll have to trust you more before I can let you command my Dwarves.
- Dwarves only follow into battle those whom we can trust!
- How many Orcs did you kill? I say not enough. Come back when you do more deeds.
- Prove your allegiance to the Blue Mountains, and they will follow you into battle!
- Who are you? I have not heard of you. Kill some Orcs and give a meaning to your name!
- My lads will not follow any stranger into battle. Prove yourself!
- Woe and ruin upon your and your kin, Person!
- You have underestimated us, Person!
- I'll crush you like a rock, lad!
- Begone, Orc-scum!
- How dare you enter our lands?
- I'll cleave your miserable skull in twain!
- What were you thinking picking a fight with me? Ha!
- You will pay for trespassing here, Morgul-scum.
- You are no match for the kinsmen of the Blue Mountains!
- No Dwarven ale for you!
- Khazâd ai-mênu!
- Came you here only to be crushed?
- Don't expect to get the better of me, you rowdy lad!
- You should not have come here, Person!
- Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!
- Suffer the wrath of the Dwarves, Person!
- Out with you, Morgul-scum!
- May you die in dragon-fire!
- Draw your last breath, Person!
|The Dwarves of the Blue Mountains|
Dwarf (Axe Thrower, Banner Bearer, Warrior)
Travelling item traders: