Blue Mountains Smiths are NPCs that spawn inside the smithies in the Blue Mountains of the west. They buy and sell varying types of ingots, gems, cooked meat, Blue Dwarven equipment, and mining utilities. However, you must be on good terms with the Dwarves of the Blue Mountains before they will allow you to trade with them.
These traders tend to remain indoors within their smithies. Just like other traders, these smiths will not engage any NPC or player in combat without being first provoked. If this occurs they will fight back with the hammer they hold in their right hands.
As mentioned above, before trading can begin one must gain at least one-hundred alignment with the Blue Mountains Dwarves. Once you have done so, these smiths will be glad to sell you some of their fine craft, or to purchase items from you.
Below is a table of values for each item that the player may purchase from this NPC. Use this table to find out if your smith is giving you a good deal or not. Each Blue Mountains smith will not have every item listed for sale.
|Items Sold||Price Range||Image|
|Blue Mountains Crafting Table||30-50 ( to )|
|Blacksmith hammer||14-23 ( to )|
|Dwarven Marriage Ring||15-25 ( to )|
|Blue Dwarven Sword||12-20 ( to )|
|Blue Dwarven Spear||14-23 ( to )|
|Blue Dwarven Battleaxe||14-23 ( to )|
|Blue Dwarven Warhammer||14-23 ( to )|
|Blue Dwarven Pike||14-23 ( to )|
|Blue Dwarven Dagger||10-16 ( to )|
|Blue Dwarven Axe||11-19 ( to )|
|Blue Dwarven Pickaxe||11-18 ( to )|
|Blue Dwarven Shovel||9-15 ( to )|
|Blue Dwarven Mattock||14-23 ( to )|
|Blue Dwarven Throwing Axe||11-19 ( to )|
|Blue Dwarven Helmet||19-31 ( to )|
|Blue Dwarven Chestplate||27-45 ( to )|
|Blue Dwarven Leggings||23-38 ( to )|
|Blue Dwarven Boots||17-28 ( to )|
|Blue Dwarven Boar Armour||19-31 ( to )|
|Blue Dwarven Bars (x8)||15-25 ( to )|
Below is a table of values for each item that the player may sell to this NPC. Use this table to find out if your smith is giving you a good deal or not. Each Blue Mountains smith will not have every item listed for purchase.
|Items Bought||Price Range||Image|
|Iron Ingot||2-4 ( to )|
|Blue Dwarven Steel Ingot||2-4 ( to )|
|Luigon (x8)||1-1 ( to )|
|Coal (x2)||1-1 ( to )|
|Gold Ingot||11-19 ( to )|
|Copper Ingot||2-4 ( to )|
|Tin Ingot||2-4 ( to )|
|Bronze Ingot||2-4 ( to )|
|Diamond||19-31 ( to )|
|Emerald||11-19 ( to )|
|Sapphire||9-15 ( to )|
|Ruby||9-15 ( to )|
|Opal||8-13 ( to )|
|Amber||8-13 ( to )|
|Amethyst||6-10 ( to )|
|Topaz||6-10 ( to )|
|Pearl||19-31 ( to )|
|Steak||2-4 ( to )|
|Cooked Porkchop||2-4 ( to )|
|Cooked Mutton||2-4 ( to )|
|Cooked Chicken||2-4 ( to )|
|Gammon||2-4 ( to )|
|Cooked Fish||2-4 ( to )|
|Cooked Rabbit||2-4 ( to )|
|Cooked Venison||2-4 ( to )|
|Bread||2-3 ( to )|
|Lava Bucket||12-20 ( to )|
They are also capable of reforging and repairing your weapons, armour and tools. Together with their brethren of the Iron Hills (and some traitors that work for Mordor) they are the only smiths able to work mithril weapons and armour - although for a horrid price.
These hard working Dwarves are eager to trade their weapons and other metal constructs, provided you're aligned with them. Otherwise, they may seem quite hostile.
- Come in, my good fellow! I have some fine Dwarven craftwork ready for sale!
- You won't find goods such as these in all of Eriador! Nor Lindon, for that matter...
- What can I forge for you? An axe? A chestplate? I can do anything!
- The smith-skill of the Dwarves is unmatched!
- What can I get you?
- One, two, and three! There go the ingots!
- My hammer and hands may be old, but I get the job done!
- My skill is matched by no other Dwarf!
- Swords? Axes? Hammers? You've come to the right place!
- Pay me, and you will find in your hand the mightiest smith-work in all of Middle-earth!
- By my beard, what kind of armour are you wearing? Let me get you some proper plates.
- Come in! Come in! I just finished cooling this fine blade!
- Do you want a fine blade? I can offer you one for a cheap price!
- Any wish you have in mind I can turn into forged steel!
- I forge the mightiest blades and the toughest armour!
- What business do you have in these lands, traveller?
- If you want some of my mighty blades, you'll have to prove yourself first!
- Huh? What? I don't deal with strangers!
- Come back when you have a name in these lands.
- You want those shiny axes, eh? Well, you ought to do some deeds to earn 'em!
- I forge the mightiest tools, weapons and armour in these blue halls! But not for you... at least not yet.
- By my beard, the day has come when a stranger thinks he can simply buy something from me!
- One does not simply trade with a stranger.
- I don't trade with odd folk such as you.
- Who are you?
- If you wish to trade with me, you must prove yourself to the folk of these lands.
- I only forge for the mightiest of the mightiest.
- You are not worthy of my mighty blades.
- You're not fit enough to carry Dwarven plates.
- You may only trade with me when you prove yourself to the Lord of these lands.
- Don't expect to get the better of me, you rowdy lad!
- You are no match for the kinsmen of the Blue Mountains!
- You should not have come here, Person!
- I'll cleave your miserable skull in twain!
- Come on, lad! Show me what you've got!
- Suffer the wrath of the Dwarves, Person!
- Came you here only to be crushed?
- Out with you, Morgul-scum!
- Draw your last breath, Person!
- No Dwarven ale for you!
- I'll crush you like a rock, lad!
- You have underestimated us, Person!
- You're a nasty piece of work, Person!
- What were you thinking, picking a fight with me? Ha!
- Woe and ruin upon you and your kin, Person!
- Khazâd ai-mênu!
- Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!
- May you die in dragon-fire!
- How dare you enter our lands?
- Begone, Orc-scum!
- You will pay for trespassing here, Morgul-scum!
|The Dwarves of the Blue Mountains|
Dwarf (Axe Thrower, Banner Bearer, Warrior)