As with the Mod's other blacksmiths, the Bree-land blacksmith will stay within his smithy or stall most of the time, and only attack evil players or NPC's when provoked. If this happens, he will use his blacksmith hammer to defend himself.
If you wish to trade with the blacksmith, you will need at least +50 alignment with Bree-land. Once you have that, he will sell you various pieces of iron equipment, armour and bars and bronze equipment. He will also buy the raw materials needed to make these items, such as coal, iron, and bronze.
Upon trading with a Bree-land blacksmith, the player earns the achievement "Arms for the Road".
Below is a table of values for each item that the player is available to purchase from this NPC. Use this table to find out if your blacksmith is giving you a good deal or not. Each blacksmith will not have every item listed for sale.
|Items Sold||Price Range||Image|
|Bree-land Crafting Table||75-125 ( to )|
|Iron Sword||9-15 ( to )|
|Iron Dagger||6-10 ( to )|
|Iron Spear||11-19 ( to )|
|Iron Battleaxe||11-19 ( to )|
|Iron Pike||12-20 ( to )|
|Bronze Sword||8-13 ( to )|
|Bronze Dagger||5-9 ( to )|
|Bronze Spear||10-16 ( to )|
|Bronze Battleaxe||10-16 ( to )|
|Iron Helmet||12-20 ( to )|
|Iron Chestplate||17-28 ( to )|
|Iron Leggings||14-23 ( to )|
|Iron Boots||11-18 ( to )|
|Blacksmith Hammer||12-20 ( to )|
|8 x Iron Bars||15-25 ( to )|
|8 x Bronze Bars||15-25 ( to )|
|4 x Crossbow Bolt||2-4 ( to )|
|Iron Crossbow||11-19 ( to )|
|Bronze Crossbow||9-15 ( to )|
Below is a table of values for each item that the player can sell to this NPC. Use this table to earn more money by only selling when the prices are high. You will not be able to sell every item to every trader as each blacksmith will not want to purchase every item listed below.
|Items Bought||Price Range||Image|
|Iron Ingot||2-4 ( to )|
|2 x Coal||1-1 ( to )|
|Gold Ingot||11-19 ( to )|
|Copper Ingot||2-4 ( to )|
|Tin Ingot||2-4 ( to )|
|Bronze Ingot||2-4 ( to )|
|3 x String||1-1 ( to )|
|Emerald||11-19 ( to )|
|Amber||8-13 ( to )|
|Topaz||6-10 ( to )|
|Leather||2-3 ( to )|
Bree-land blacksmiths can also reforge basic equipment for the player, for a price.
- Big Folk, Little Folk, I've got wares for all!
- Outsider, you would not want to miss the opportunity to look at Bree's finest, would you?
- Best wares of Bree, right here!
- I'm in the mood for a good trade, how about you?
- The best the Men of Bree can produce, all for a sharp low price!
- Best ironworks this side of Bree-hill, what can I do for you?
- Horseshoes, bits and bridles, gardening tools, I can work iron into something you can work with!
- A pound of iron, a piece of silver, as long as I can work with it!
- Weapons are not my speciality, but I can help you with the essentials.
- Forging is what I've done all my life, and I plan to teach my children the same.
- Your requests are far more reasonable than the requests I get from the Dwarves.
- I may not know how to work the steel of Elves or Dwarves, but iron! Iron I can work with!
- What did he say again... the forge's fire is ashen-cold? That makes no sense.
- Hammer, shape me a sturdy sword!
- Sorry, we are not selling right now. Come back another time.
- We've closed shop for the moment, sorry.
- We're out of stock, try again later.
- For now, I am only selling to other Bree-Folk
- I don't know your business, but I want none of it.
- Whatever business you have here, you can take it up to Deadman's Dike with the other Southerners.
- We have no room for the likes of you in Bree!
- We've dealt with Ruffians like you before, Person!
- I knew those Ruffians coming up the Greenway were up to no good!
- How did you slip past the gatekeeper
- Call for the guards, we're under attack!
- Don't come bringing trouble to our peaceful village, why you.
- What is the matter with you, acting like that!
- There is no room for ill-folk such as yourself in Bree!
- Don't underestimate this craftsman's strength, Person!
- You fool, I can bend iron. Your bones will be no match!
- You think I haven't had Ruffians try these things on me before
- A horse shows more resistance than you!
- You will regret coming back here, we know what you did!
|The Big and Little Folk of Bree|
Ruffian Spy •