Captains are a special type of NPC in the Mod from which you can hire units.
Unlike most normal NPCs, which spawn anywhere in their respective biome provided certain conditions are met, captains are "bound" to certain structures. This means that they won't leave their structure under normal conditions.
Also, unlike normal NPCs, captains won't attack the player when they have a negative alignment with their faction, although they will of course defend themselves of they're attacked. If they're hurt and not in combat, they will heal very quickly when compared to normal NPCs (as quickly as hired units, to be exact).
Should a captain be slain, however this may happen, a large floating silver coin will appear, and the captain will respawn within an hour or so. Normally, a captain often has more health than a regular NPC of that faction.
- If negative, another 5.0 points will be subrtacted.
- If under +1000.0, 10 percent of the current alignment will be lost.
- If +1000.0 or more, 100.0 will be lost.
The following happens to all the faction's enemies and mortal enemies:
- The player gains 5.0 points, if inside the inner level of their Area_of_Influence.
- The player gains less than 5.0 points, depending how far out they are in the outer level of that area.
The most important characteristic of captains is that they allow you to hire units, if you have adequate alignment with their factions, and enough money to pay for the units. Some units are exclusively for pledged players only. As you gain alignment with the faction, you will get better and better deals on the units you hire. They can also sell you a Warhorn if you have lots of money and alignment.
All items (51)