To view the corresponding page on the Minecraft Wiki, click here.
The cauldron functions like its Vanilla counterpart, but with slightly more functionality as a result of the mod.
Cauldrons can be found naturally in the world in some buildings. A cauldron requires a pickaxe of any level to be mined, after which it will drop itself. They can be crafted as well, just as in Vanilla.
In addition to all the Vanilla uses, the mod adds several other uses.
- Any kind of vessel (Waterskins, Ale Horns, etc...) can be filled with water from a cauldron. It holds 3 servings, as in Vanilla.
- Cauldrons are used to undye coloured items, including Pouches, Leather Hats, feathers, Smoking Pipes, and Harad Robes. This will use up one level of water per undye.
- Remove poison from daggers since Public Beta 33.
- Interestingly, if you are on fire, jumping into a cauldron will put out the fire, at the cost of one water level. This is a feature kept from Vanilla minecraft.
- Cauldrons serve as good decorational blocks. Whether you are building a wizard's tower or a horse stable, a cauldron is bound to add appeal to your build.