|“||Southward beyond the road lay the main force of the Haradrim, and there their horsemen were gathered about the standard of their chieftain. [...] Then he was filled with a red wrath and shouted aloud, and displaying his standard, black serpent upon scarlet.||”|
–The Return of the King, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields
The Coast Southron Warlord is a unit trading NPC from whom you can hire Coast Southron units. The warlord boasts unique red face-paint.
Upon hiring a unit from a Coast Southron warlord, the player earns the achievement "League of Southrons".
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
Coast Southron warlords will stay within their fortresses. They won't attack, unless provoked, and in which case they will defend themselves with the weapon they are wielding.
Spawning[edit | edit source]
Drops[edit | edit source]
They will most often drop bones, but occasionally they might drop their armour.
Hiring[edit | edit source]
|Unit||Unpledged Cost (Silver Coins)||Pledged Cost (Silver Coins)||Alignment Required (Near Harad)||Requires Pledge (Near Harad)|
|Coast Southron warrior||30-60 ( to )||15-30 ( to )||+150||No|
|Coast Southron archer||50-100 ( to )||25-50 ( to )||+200||No|
|Southron Champion||N/A||30-60 ( to )||+250||Yes|
|Coast Southron banner bearer||50-100 ( to )||25-50 ( to )||+300||No|
Speechbank[edit | edit source]
- What do you seek? Counsel, trade, or war?
- My warriors are yours to command, great lord Person.
- Here to hire more of my men, Person?
- I have a few fresh recruits who would do well under your command, Person.
- If you seek battle with the Gondorians, you would not find finer men than my own.
- Word has spread of your deeds, Person. My men would be honoured to fight alongside you.
- Do you seek to command the mighty warriors of Harad?
- Word of your deeds has spread quickly in our lands. It would be an honour for my men to serve you!
- My men are strong and mighty warriors. Do you seek to hire some?
- Don't be fooled, Person. The northerners are quick to use you for their own wishes.
- Our men have a few tricks up their sleeves, Person.
- I will grant you command of a few of my men, in return for your services.
- With my men under your banner, the Aphûr-lâi will surely flee!
- You have proven yourself to me, Person. Go! Lead our men to battle!
- Be sure to leave some for the rest of us.
- I cannot allow a stranger to hire my warriors, Person.
- Who are you? Are you a friend of Harad, or a spy of Gondor?
- Until you have proven your allegiance with us, we will not fight for you, Person.
- Do you fight with us, or against us?
- Who is your master, Person?
- You must perform great deeds in the name of the Haradrim if you wish to command our warriors.
- You will need to do more good for our people if you wish to command my mighty warriors, Person.
- We Haradrim do not simply follow any stranger into battle. You will have to prove your worth!
- Whom do you serve, Person? The Great Lord of Mordor, or the foul Adûnâim?
- You will have to prove your allegiance to my people, Person.
- I hope you are no friend of Gondor, Person. Well, if you were, you would be mere sun-scorched bones by now...
- Are you an escaped slave, or just a lost traveller?
- The desert heat must have addled your brain, Person. We do not suffer your kind here!
- Curse you, filth-friend of Gondor!
- Return to the foul lands whence you came!
- No treachery of the Aphûr-lâi may enter our lands!
- May the fires of the desert claim you, Person!
- You chose most unwisely in journeying here.
- Flee, enemy of Haradwaith!
- Your life and your lands shall soon be ours!
- This is no place for a villain of the North.
- Fool! What madness drove you into this country?
- These lands are not for you, my enemy!
- Flee, scum of Gondor!
- I will not allow you to terrorise our lands!
- Your death shall be swift, scum!
- What drove you into this madness? Your end shall be quick.
- I will not allow the scum of Gondor to invade our lands! Begone!
- Run to the hills, pale-skin!
- We shall see if you are this tough when I am done with you, Person!
- I don't need anyone else to crush you!
- We have fought northerners for generations. Your assault means nothing!
- You are too late. Our victory is guaranteed!
- May Sauron guide my swing! I shall destroy you!
- You shall pay with blood, northern fiend!
- Die, Gondorian scum!
- Come here! I'll show you the strength of Harad!
Travelling item traders: