|“||[The Haradrim Warrior's] scarlet robes were tattered, his corslet of overlapping brazen plates was rent and hewn, his black plaits of hair braided with gold were drenched with blood. His brown hand still clutched the hilt of a broken sword.||”|
–The Two Towers, Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
The Coast Southron Warriors are the soldiers that fight for the Southrons, defending the trading peoples of the Southron Coasts. With influences from Umbar, rich soil, and a location near the sea, the Southron Coast Warriors are more advanced then their Gulfen Counterparts. They mainly guard the Coasts, rather than raid, though they will be ready to aid Sauron in his effort to defeat the Free People. Their hatred of Gondor comes from a long history of wars between the two nations.
Spawning[edit | edit source]
They spawn naturally in the Southron Coasts, along with their mounted variant, as well as in Coast Southron invasions defending their homeland from any troubles the North brings them. Prior to Update 34, these warriors (then called Near Harad warriors) would spawn in Harondor, Near Harad Fertile, and the Great Desert.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
The Southron warriors will usually be found wearing a full set of gold, red, and black armour. They sometimes wear a black or red turban (as of Public Beta 27) or have no head wear at all. They will also be found usually carrying a Haradric Spear, Scimitar or Dagger, or Maces or Polearms. As of Update 34, Southron Warriors can spawn with Umbaric Equipment instead of Haradric Equipment.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
Advantages and Disadvantages[edit | edit source]
|Average health||No ranged attack|
|Mounted Variant||Rather weak armour|
|Low alignment requirement
|Not very effective against enemies in iron-tier armour|
Drops[edit | edit source]
Speechbank[edit | edit source]
- You don't look like you are from around here.
- I used to join the trading ships from Ajtiaz an-Ahâr to visit the Eye of Harad.
- Are you an escaped slave, or just a lost traveller?
- Welcome, traveller. What brings you to these lands?
- Are you a friend of the Haradrim, or do you come seeking strife?
- It is rare indeed that we see Men of the North walk freely.
- How did you enter our lands, Person, and why?
- No slave to the corruption of Gondor is welcome in our lands. Let us hope you do not serve Gondor, Person!
- Shall you aid us in the war against Gondor, Person?
- I hope you are no friend of the Aphûr-lâi, Person. Well, if you were, you would be mere sun-scorched bones by now...
- I have not seen travellers from the North in a long while. Many of those Men bring trouble with them...
- Before long, the White City will be as one with the fine sands of the desert.
- The serpent strangles the tree, Person.
- Did you get here by boat or by road?
- If you are looking for a job, we can always use more men in the woods.
- The Morwaith are cheap mercenaries, who will work for whoever is the highest bidder.
- We will never forgive the Adûnâim for their crimes against our people.
- Don't be fooled, Person. The northerners are quick to use you for their own wishes.
- If you are looking to join the fight, Gâth-azrazâin is the place to be.
- The Corsairs would be nothing without us backing them up.
- We do not serve the Great Eye out of fear. We serve him because we have one aim. The ruin of Gondor!
- The Corsairs of Umbar have their mind set on victory. I can say that I share their thoughts.
- It is a simple matter of mistreatment that fuels our devotion to our cause.
- Sauron has promised us the lands of Gondor burning. That is enough for me.
- I hope to become a warlord myself someday, Person.
- My family has always had an active role in the cause, Person.
- I follow the footsteps of my forefathers, and shall see their quest to an end.
- Perhaps you and I will someday bring back a skull to add to the tower in Ninzâyan.
- By the time this war is done, I fear, Lîpha-tûn will not be the only settlement built upon an old battlefield.
- I am glad that our friends in the East are joining our cause.
- The desert heat must have addled your brain, Person. We do not suffer your kind here!
- Curse you, filth-friend of Gondor!
- Return to the foul lands whence you came!
- No treachery of the Aphûr-lâi may enter our lands!
- May the fires of the desert claim you, Person!
- You chose most unwisely in journeying here.
- Flee, enemy of Haradwaith!
- Your life and your lands shall soon be ours!
- This is no place for a villain of the North.
- Fool! What madness drove you into this country?
- These lands are not for you, my enemy!
- Flee, scum of Gondor!
- I will not allow you to terrorise our lands!
- Your death shall be swift, scum!
- What drove you into this madness? Your end shall be quick.
- I will not allow the scum of Gondor to invade our lands! Begone!
- Run to the hills, pale-skin!
- We shall see if you are this tough when I am done with you, Person!
- I don't need anyone else to crush you!
- We have fought northerners for generations. Your assault means nothing!
- You are too late. Our victory is guaranteed!
- May Sauron guide my swing! I shall destroy you!
- You shall pay with blood, northern fiend!
- Die, Gondorian scum!
- Come here! I'll show you the strength of Harad!
- The scum of Gondor are no match for my blade.
- The serpent strangles the tree.
- Gondor shall fall!
- I am ever in your service, lord Person.
- I would follow you to the ends of the earth, Person!
- To battle! To the fall of Gondor!
- War is coming.
- The lands of the North will soon be ours!
- For Harad!
- There will be no dawn for the Dúnedain.
- I am ready, Person. Shall we go to war?
- I have never lost a battle!
- What is it that you command, Person?
- I am at your service, commander.
- Tell me what to do, and I will see it done.
- I am proficient in all forms of combat, Person.
- No matter the weapon I use, I will see to it that the blood of your enemies flows.
- Where are we off to next?
- We Haradrim are excellent fighters.
- Give me the word, and I shall burn your enemies' lands.
- I'm not familiar with that formation.
- Form a line? What good will that do?
- I am bestowed with the strength of a thousand men, so no army can outnumber us.
- We will see this war to an end, Person.
- Ah, commander. Good to see that wound healing up.
- It's an honour to fight for you, Person.
- I could march for days if you wanted me to.
- I'll keep my guard up, don't you worry.
The One Wiki to Rule Them All has an article on:
The Tolkien Gateway has an article on: