Upon hiring a corsair from a captain, the player earns the achievement "Raiding Party".
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
Spawning[edit | edit source]
Drops[edit | edit source]
They will most often drop bones, but occasionally they might drop their armour.
|Unit||Unpledged Cost (Silver Coins)||Pledged Cost (Silver Coins)||Requires Pledge (Near Harad)||Alignment Required (Near Harad)|
|Corsair of Umbar||20-40 ( to )||10-20 ( to )||No||+150|
Speechbank[edit | edit source]
- Been sailing with these men for many fine years. Ye won't find any better, Person!
- They've got the scent of silver, Person. They'll find the money in every port!
- Have ye brought the silver to pay me men?
- Aye, we don't care that much which side ye're on. Just don't cross us and we should be fine.
- Me men are sworn to silver, not to Sauron.
- There be no rules, just guidelines for these men.
- Have ye got a ship to lead them on, Person? The boys do best on a fine ship.
- I can hear the silver clinking in yer pockets, like music to me ears!
- Finest sea-dogs ye can find. Also know how to deal with unruly slaves.
- Ye better leave some for me, Person!
- Aye, if you've got the coin, ye can buy some men off of me.
- Be careful, Person. These men get rowdy if you don't let them fight.
- Aye, it's true me men don't care that much who we work for, but we do have some standards, Person.
- I ain't gonna let a land-rat command me proud sea-hounds.
- Don't see a lubber like yerself capable of handling me men.
- There ain't no question about it, Person. Were you on our ship ye'd be hangin' off a plank above the Athrassir.
- Perhaps ye'd be better off trying them Gulfings.
- Now I ain't saying ye're a Gondorian spy, but ye ain't a Corsair quite yet.
- Person, don't make it too easy for me, throwin' these insults at ye.
- Ye're joking? I certainly hope ye're joking.
- I heard some rumours you called us sea-dogs. Sort that out first, would ye?
- No thanks, me lads don't follow faithless lubbers.
- Come 'ere, I'll tear ye a new one!
- It'll be a watery grave for you!
- I'm so angry, I lost my accent!
- Come 'ere, ye land-rat!
- When I'm done with ye, you'll be thirty feet under and sinkin'!
- Me blade's all rusty just for you!
- All that water swirlin' around in yer head!
- The way ye're walking, can't help but think yer just a poor lubber!
- I'm sure ye think I'm just a sea-dog, don't ye? Well, you'll be surprised!
- Azrubêl, guide me strike!
- I'll fight you to a watery grave!
- Ye must be from that port I plundered. Not had enough, have ye?
- Aye, look at that, a rebel!
- By Azrubêl, this lubber thinks he can beat me in combat!
- The waves take ye! Nothing can withstand me might!
- Lubbers always think they stand a chance, don't they?
- Foul seaweed piece o' land-rat that ye are!
- I'll be sure to scrub you o'er the corals, filth!
- Bleedin' barnacle-head o' a mother's rotten canyon, I'll stab ye dead!
- May the fish feed on yer rotten corpse, Person!
- Ye think ye're getting away with that? Ye must be one of the dumbest lubbers I've met!
- Aye, I knew ye'd betray us. Could smell that filthy Adûnâim stink wherever ye walked!
- I've been round Topaz Bay. Ye can't do me any worse than what the Gulfings tried!
- Any last words for yer old love before I show her what's happened to ye?
- I've been drinkin', but even four of ye won't be a problem!
- Come 'ere, ye useless lubber!
- Come an' get what ye deserve, ye stinkin' lubber!
Travelling item traders: