Daggers are a type of weapon, similar to a sword but dealing 3 () less damage, 75% the range and with an attack speed one and a half times that of a sword. A dagger can be crafted on the appropriate crafting table normally using one ingot and one stick. There are many types of daggers. The bronze, iron, Mithril, Galadhrim, Mordor, Dwarven, and Gondorian tool sets, among others, all include daggers.
|Dagger Crafting Recipes|
|Arnorian dagger, cannot be crafted.||Utumno dagger, cannot be crafted.|
|Barrow Blades, cannot be crafted.||Black Númenórean dagger, cannot be crafted.|
|Old-haradric sacrificial dagger, cannot be crafted.||Sting, cannot be crafted.|
Poisoned Daggers[edit | edit source]
Additionally, most tool sets include another variant of dagger: A poisoned dagger, which deals a poison effect to the victim (duration varies, but tends to last longer on higher difficulties). To craft a poisoned dagger, combine a faction dagger and a bottle of poison on a vanilla crafting table or in your 2x2 crafting grid. Bottles of poison can be obtained through trading, as a drop from an NPC carrying one, using wildberries, or by "milking" venom from a Mirkwood spider or a jungle scorpion by right clicking them with an empty glass bottle. Since Public Beta 33 it's possible to remove the poison from a dagger, using a cauldron.
Additional Daggers[edit | edit source]
There are six daggers in the mod that cannot be crafted, and are either creative mode-exclusive or can only be obtained through looting:
- Arnorian daggers can be found in various Dúnedain structures
- Black Númenórean daggers can be found in the chests of pyramids and ruins.
- Barrow Blades can only be found in the chests of burial mounds or the drops of Barrow-wights.
- Utumno daggers can be obtained as drops from Utumno orcs.
- Old-Haradric sacrificial daggers can be found in the ancient Haradric chest at the heart of Harad pyramids.
- Sting, meanwhile, is creative-only, and functions as an elven dagger.