|“||No one would have dared to give battle to him for many an age; nor would they have dared now, had it not been for the grim-voiced man (Bard was his name), who ran to and fro cheering on the archers and urging the Master to order them to fight to the last arrow||”|
–The Hobbit, Fire And Water
The Dalish Longbowman is similar to the Dalish Soldier, except that instead of using a sword or other melee weapon, they use a Dalish Longbow and arrows. Just like all Dalish Soldiers, they will attack evil creatures on sight, and can drop some of their worn equipment on occasion.
Dalish archers spawn on grass blocks in Dale, regardless of the time of day, and are slightly rarer than Dalish Soldiers. They will only spawn on foot, never mounted on horseback.
Like most ranged units in the mod, Dalish archers will see foes from up to 16 blocks away, and will walk to within 10 blocks of the offending player or NPC and start shooting at it.
You can hire these units for a price of 50-10 ( to ) silver coins from a Dalish Captain in a Dalish Fortress, provided your alignment is at least +200 with Dale. Note that the price decreases as your alignment increases and halves if you pledge to Dale.
|Powerful long ranged attack.||Large numbers of Dalish Archers tend to interfere with one another.|
|Very effective against Trolls.||Not particularly good at dealing with large numbers of melee units.|
|Good against Warg Riders.||More expensive than Dalish Soldiers.|
- I guard the lands of Dale.
- Nothing shall threaten the Kingdom of Dale under my watch.
- Our enemies fear our spears and swords.
- The Kingdom of Dale has grown mighty since the days of Smaug's demise.
- I will not allow any Orc or bandit to enter this land!
- The days are growing dark, Person. I fear soon we shall be at war.
- I gladly protect these lands.
- The Kingdom of Dale has grown great, thanks to the courage of brave soldiers. Yes! Just like myself!
- Welcome to the land of Dale, Person!
- We must remain vigilant.
- I hear worrisome reports of skirmishes on our eastern borders.
- Rumours say that Men of the East have been crossing over the Redwater. I must hope they are but rumours.
- We cannot hold off the barbarians in the East forever, Person. If they should mount an attack... I fear for us all.
- I will make quick work of you, scum!
- Be gone from these lands, foul Orc-servant!
- You shall meet my sword!
- You shall be punished for your crimes!
- I will not allow you to go further!
- Die, bandit-wretch!
- You stand no chance against our spears and blades, scoundrel!
- You will pass no further, villain!
- Your days of crime have come to an end, Person!
- By my sword, you will fall!
- You command, I follow!
- Do you require my service, Person?
- Where shall we go?
- Let us kill some bandit scum!
- No Orc shall stand in our way!
- Can we stop for some ale?
- I will do as you command.
- Nothing shall stand against us!
- Let our foes meet with our blades!
- As you command.
|The Northmen of Dale|
Dalishman (Banner Bearer, Levyman, Longbowman, Soldier)