|“||[...] and behind them came seven hundreds of men at arms, tall as lords, grey eyed, singing as they came.||”|
–The Return of the King, Minas Tirith
Dol Amroth men-at-arms are NPCs who act as the basic soldiers of Dol Amroth.
Dol Amroth men-at-arms spawn commonly within Dor-en-Ernil on grass blocks, regardless of the time of day. They can also spawn in Dol Amroth invasions.
They tend to spawn individually or in groups of up to six, sometimes mounted. They also spawn in Dol Amroth watchtowers and watchforts.
Dol Amroth men-at-arms will simply wander around when idle. They will attack any player with negative Gondor alignment or evil NPC.
They can also be hired as cavalry for +300 alignment, starting at 50 coins. Note that the price decreases as your alignment increases.
Like all humans, Dol Amroth footmen usually drop bones. They can also drop items like pouches, coins, some foods and drinks and other small things. On rare occasions they also drop part of their armour.
- I defend the Kingdom of Dol Amroth, but the allegiance of our people also lies with Gondor.
- Long have I defended these white shores.
- We have spotted raiding corsair ships near our coasts... we must be on our guard.
- The fallen ones of Umbar have dared to attack the shores of Gondor. They shall pay with their life!
- The might and skill of the Swan Knights of Dol Amroth is unmatched.
- Even now, in many of us, the blood of the Eldar flows.
- We are the descendants of the Great Men of Westernesse, Númenor of old.
- Our realm is ruled by the Lord and Prince of Dol Amroth, Imrahil the Fair.
- O Lothlórien! I truly miss the days when your fair kin visited our white shores.
- An Elven-maid there was of old...
- O Amroth! O Nimrodel! For ever you are lost to us.
- Our realm is under danger from the foul Corsairs of Umbar. They must not be allowed to set foot upon these shores.
- What tidings do you bring from the Steward of Gondor, Person?
- Soon we shall go to war.
- Long have we dwelt on these fair shores.
- Welcome to the land of Dol Amroth.
- I defend the white harbours of Dol Amroth.
- Greatly do we Men of Dol Amroth miss the days when the Eldar would visit us.
- We are part of a people that has been forgotten by many.
- What do you seek on these hither shores, Person?
- Greetings, Person. What do you seek in the land of the Prince?
- We wait for the day when the King will return.
- These are dark times... we fear that He has returned to the Black Land.
- The harpers of Dol Amroth are the most skilled in all of Gondor!
- It is told that the voice of Amroth can still be heard in the Sea.
- What tidings do you bring from the White City?
- Do you bring news or troubles with you, Person?
- What do you seek before these white shores, Person?
- The old tales speak well; there is Elvish blood in the veins of our folk, for the people of Nimrodel dwelt in this land once long ago.
- Long ago, this land was inhabited by the fair folk of Lórien. But they have departed into the West many ages ago.
- The fallen folk of Umbar must not be allowed to pillage the people of Gondor!
- Strangers are not often seen in these lands. Especially in these times.
- My people are amongst the few folk in these lands who still speak the tongues of the Eldar.
- You may go no further. You will not enter Dol Amroth!
- You may not enter Gondor, Person!
- For Dol Amroth! For the Swan!
- You are an enemy of the Silver Swan, Person!
- Enemies have entered Gondor!
- By the Prince, I will see you slain!
- Your death shall be swift, Person!
- This is a fell hour for Dol Amroth indeed!
- No pity for the foes of Dol Amroth!
- You will not see the end of this day, servant of the Shadow!
- Begone from our lands, foul scum of Mordor!
- I will not allow you to harm the free folk of Dol Amroth, Person!
- In the name of the princes of old, I shall destroy you!
- No enemies of Gondor may pass freely into our land!
- Begone, foul scum of Mordor!
- Crawl back to your miserable black ships, worshipper of Morgoth!
- Your kind is not welcome in our lands. Begone, you traitor to the Eldar!
- I will drive you back into the Sea, spawn of Umbar!
- I protect the Banner of the Swan.
- We must defend these shores, my lord Person.
- The scum of Umbar draw ever closer to our shores...
- Not a single Orc, Southron, or Corsair shall set foot upon the shores of Gondor under my watch!
- Our allegiance lies with Gondor.
- We must protect these shores.
- The Evil that was banished has now returned. We must defend our lands.
- I serve the Prince.
- In my people, the blood of Númenor still flows.
|The Men of Gondor|
Soldier (Archer, Banner Bearer, Tower Guard)