This article is about the faction. For the biome, check here.
Note: this lore is non-canon with respects to the work of JRR Tolkien, but is mod lore, making it canon to the mod.
The Men and Elves of Dorwinion survive these days in harmony with their neighbours, profiting from trade and friendship with those around them. Though foes of Dol Guldur and the Wainriders, the Dark Lord has not yet ordered their destruction, and so the men of Rhúdel and the Balchoth do not attack them. However, war looms on the horizon, and should the Dorwidhrim not ally themselves to the Shadow, their small realm will be destroyed by the evil men of the East.
The Men and Elves of Dorwinion are enemies with all of the orc factions, and allies with their trade partners in the Woodland Realm. However, they remain neutral with all other factions, focusing more on trade than war. They do not encourage war crimes (the killing of enemy civilians).
Ranks of Dorwinion:
- Enemy (-)
- Stranger (0)
- Vintner Guest (+10)
- Vinehand (+50)
- Wine Merchant (+100)
- Vintner Guard (+200)
- Vintner Captain (+500)
- Vintner Master (+1000)
- Chief Wine-taster (+1500)
- Vintner Lord/Lady (+3000)
Inter-faction relations for Dorwinion (DORWINION)
|•Woodland Realm||None||•Blue Mountains|
•Dúnedain of the North
Sphere of InfluenceEdit
The Dorwidhrim's sphere of influence is centred around their homeland, as well as Bardhaven, whom they apparently trade with often.
Dorwinion invasions (featuring Vintner guards, crossbowers and banner bearers) can spawn rarely in neighbouring Wilderland. Dorwinion Elf invasions, although present in the code, do not currently spawn anywhere.
The People of Dorwinion are peaceful people but if you cross them, then expect retribution.
Ally aids onlyEdit
- Dorwidhrim - The Men that inhabit this biome.
- Vintner Guard - The Men that guard this biome.
- Vintner Guard Crossbower - The Men that shoot things at enemies of Dorwinion.
- Vintner Guard Captain - The Hiring NPC for the Vintner Guard.
- Dorwinion Vinehand - The Men who tend to the grapes of Dorwinion.
- Dorwinion Vinekeeper - The Men who tend to the vinehands.
- Dorwinion Elf - The Elves that inhabit this biome.
- Bladorthin Warrior - The Elves that guard this biome.
- Archer of Bladorthin - The Elves that dazzle enemies with their armour then shoot them.
- Captain of Bladorthin - The Hiring NPC for the Elves of Dorwinion.
- Dorwinion Merchant - A trader (Elf or man) that travels Middle-earth selling wine.
Dorwinion is home to Elvish and Mannish structures, with their bathhouses likely a remnant of their days as part of Gondor.
- Dorwinion Bathhouse - A large pillared pool where residents of Dorwinion can relax after a hard day of wine-tasting.
- Dorwinion Brewery - A long building storing red or white wine, home to a Dorwinion Vintner Elf.
- Dorwinion Elven House - a small building with a small vineyard to the rear.
- Dorwinion Garden - a small decorative structure featuring water and plants.
- Dorwinion House - a two-storey building used by the Dorwidhrim.
- Vintner Guard Camp - a military structure where a Vintner Guard Captain and sometimes a Captain of Bladorthin can be found.
Though not a structure, the vineyard biome variant also spawns throughout the biome.
- Dorwinion Crafting Table - A block used to make Dorwinion items.
- Dorwinion Banner - The banner of Dorwinion.
- Dorwinion Brick - A light-coloured material used in Dorwinion buildings.
- Grapevine Post - A block used to great effect to cause drunkenness.
- Dorwinion Elven Equipment - The weapons of the Elves of Dorwinion.
- Dorwinion Armour - The Mannish armour worn by the Vintner Guard.
- Dorwinion Elven Armour - The Elven armour worn by the Bladorthin warriors.
|The Men and Elves of Dorwinion|
Elves (Warrior, Archer) Men (Crossbower, Guard, Vinehand)
Blue Mountains •
Dol Guldur •
Dúnedain of the North
Dorwinion • Rhúdel
The Deeps of the Earth: