Similarly to other traders, Vintner Elves will not attack the player or any enemies unless firstly provoked. Should this occur Vintner Elves will defend themselves with a Dorwinion Elven Dagger.
Upon trading with a Dorwinion Vintner Elf, the player earns the achievement "Fine Wines"
Below is a table of values for each item that the player is available to purchase from this NPC. Use this table to find out if your merchant is giving you a good deal or not. Each Vintner Elf will not have all of the deals listed.
|Items Sold||Price Range||Image|
|Dorwinion Crafting Table||30-50 ( to )|
|Red Wine (weak)||4-6 ( to )|
|Red Wine (light)||5-9 ( to )|
|Red Wine (moderate)||8-13 ( to )|
|Red Wine (strong)||11-19 ( to )|
|Red Wine (potent)||19-31 ( to )|
|White Wine (weak)||4-6 ( to )|
|White Wine (light)||5-9 ( to )|
|White Wine (moderate)||8-13 ( to )|
|White Wine (strong)||11-19 ( to )|
|White Wine (potent)||19-31 ( to )|
|Red Grape Juice||5-8 ( to )|
|Green Grape Juice||5-8 ( to )|
Below is a table of values for each item that the player can sell to this NPC. Use this table to earn more money by only selling when the prices are high. You may not be able to sell every item, as some Vintner Elves won't purchase every item listed below.
|Items Bought||Price Range||Image|
|3 x Red Grapes||1-1 ( to )|
|3 x Green Grapes||1-1 ( to )|
|2 x Sugar||1-1 ( to )|
|Clay Mug||1-1 ( to )|
|Bucket||2-4 ( to )|
|Water Bucket||3-5 ( to )|
- Ah, Person! Have you come to buy some wine?
- The Elven-wine of Dorwinion is sweeter than any other.
- I must soon send these barrels off to the Woodland Realm.
- We Elves brew the best wine in Dorwinion.
- Have you come to buy wine from me, Person? A good decision indeed!
- Which sort do you prefer, Person? Red or white? Or perhaps some grape juice?
- I brew so much wine that I've taken to drinking the excess myself.
- We vintner-elves are renowned for our brewing. Go on, Person, try some.
- There is no wine for you, unfortunately, Person.
- The Elven-wine of Dorwinion is not for those of weak spirit.
- I am afraid I have no more wine to spare.
- You should not be looking to drink Elven-wine, Person.
- I would not be willing to trade with lowborn Men like you.
- What are you doing in here, Person?
- The wine of Dorwinion is not just given out to anyone, Person.
- You are accursed, Person!
- It was unwise of you to venture here.
- You are an enemy of Dorwinion.
- You are no friend of Dorwinion!
- A thousand lives of Men would pass before I would do trade with you!
- You are not worthy of the lowest Mannish grape juice!
- What are you, Person? A common thief? An Orcish spy? Begone!
- You will regret coming here!
- I will put an end to your villainy!
- Begone, scum!
|The Men and Elves of Dorwinion|
Elves (Warrior, Archer) Men (Crossbower, Guard, Vinehand)