The Dunlending warlord is a unit hiring trader for the Dunland faction. They are found in hill forts in the Dunland biome, and are easily recognizable by their fur hoods and Dunlending armour. You can hire different Dunlending troops from them.
These traders are good news for evil players, as the Dunlending troops are quite cheap compared to Orcs or Uruks. While these units may not last very long, you can always hire more at the same price, and hiring a large number of them can help prevent deaths. Additionally, players with higher Dunland alignment can hire more powerful berserkers. Trying to find warlords is not a good strategy for good players hoping to get their alignment up, as their forts may hard to reach due to the frequent spawning of Dunlendings in Dunland - unless you have a powerful army behind your back.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
Dunlending warlords will stay in their hill fort, unless attacked or pushed by a player. They will not attack players unless provoked. Warlords will refuse to allow you to hire units until you have a Dunlending alignment of +100.
Upon hiring a unit from a Dunlending warlord, the player earns the achievement "We Fight for You!"
Hiring[edit | edit source]
|Unit||Unpledged Cost (Silver Coins)||Pledged Cost (Silver Coins)||Alignment Required (Dunland)||Requires Pledge (Dunland)|
|Dunlending||15-30 ( to )||8-15 ( to )||+100||No|
|Dunlending Warrior||30-60 ( to )||15-30 ( to )||+150||No|
|Dunlending Bowman||50-100 ( to )||25-50 ( to )||+200||No|
|Dunlending Axe-thrower||50-100 ( to )||25-50 ( to )||+200||No|
|Dunlending Berserker||N/A||25-50 ( to )||+300||Yes|
|Dunlendig Banner-bearer||50-100 ( to )||25-50 ( to )||+300||No|
Speechbank[edit | edit source]
- I have many strong warriors ready for hire, Person!
- The service of my warriors can be yours for just a few silver coins.
- Looking to hire an army, Person?
- Few can stand before the might of a mob of Dunlendings!
- We Men of Dunland are proud and loyal warriors.
- My Men will follow you into battle without fear.
- Have any silver coins, Person?
- Death to the Strawheads!
- You wish to bring death to the Strawheads? My Men shall fight for you!
- All will flee from the might of Dunland!
- Those filthy Rohirrim shall feel the edge of our swords!
- Give me just a few silver coins, and I will give you my mighty warriors.
- We Men of Dunland are strong and great warriors! We shall cleanse the lands of the filthy dogs of Rohan!
- Get some more deeds to your name, Person, and I might let you command my warriors!
- I almost mistook you for one of those filthy Strawheads.
- You'll have to earn some respect among our people if you want to lead us into battle.
- And what do you want?
- You are yet young among our people, Person. Great Men do not follow lesser Men.
- You want to hire some Dunlendings? Prove your worth first, Person!
- We would not let a simple and strange Man, such as yourself, command our mighty troops!
- The great warriors of Dunland will not follow a stranger into battle.
- We do not simply follow any mere Man to war.
- You want to command my troops? You need to prove yourself to our people first!
- Only great heroes of our people are worthy of leading us into battle!
- Your doom comes swiftly, Person!
- Your kind is not welcome here.
- Curse you, Person!
- Stop, Person. You are unwelcome here!
- Flee, wretched friend of the horse-lords!
- Death to the Strawheads and their kin!
- Down you go, Person!
- What devilry of Rohan comes hence?
- Your end shall be swift, strawhead-scum!
- Run, scum, run back to those pitiful horse-riding cowards!
- Death to you and all your kin!
- Begone, you Eorling scum!
- You shall pay for your crimes, Person!
- Death to the robbers of the North!
- This is your last stand, Strawhead scum!
- Death to the Forgoil! Death to the Strawheads!
|The Wildmen of Dunland|