Upon hiring a unit from a warlord, the player earns the achievement "The Might of the East".
Like all hiring chieftains, the Easterling warlord will ignore any player, regardless of alignment, until attacked, at which he will defend himself with the weapon he is wielding. If a warlord is hurt in combat, he will heal himself quickly as soon as he's done fighting.
At an alignment of +150 with Rhúdel, you can start to hire troops from the warlord. The prices are as follows:
|Unit||Unpledged Cost (Silver Coins)||Pledged Cost (Silver Coins)||Alignment Required (Rhúdel)||Requires Pledge (Rhúdel)|
|Easterling Clansman||20-40 ( to )||10-20 ( to )||+150||No|
|Easterling Warrior||30-60 ( to )||10-20 ( to )||+200||No|
|Easterling Archer||50-100 ( to )||25-50 ( to )||+250||No|
|Golden Easterling||N/A||25-50 ( to )||+350||Yes|
|Easterling Cavalry||50-100 ( to )||25-50 ( to )||+300||No|
|Eastering Archer Cavalry||70-140 ( to )||35-70 ( to )||+350||No|
|Golden Easterling Cavalry||N/A||35-70 ( to )||+450||Yes|
|Easterling Fire-thrower||60-120 ( to )||30-60 ( to )||+300||No|
|Easterling Banner-Bearer||50-100 ( to )||25-50 ( to )||+350||No|
- My men are here, Person, to serve you - and the great Eye.
- Make no mistake Person - my men are the best warriors west of the Red Mountains.
- I have led my men many times into the West. Now, Person, you may command them.
- I suppose I could spare you a few of my men, my friend. For the right price, of course.
- Our lords are pleased with your service. You may hire my men, if you wish.
- Truly, Person, you are a ruthless warrior. Just so, to make Gondor bleed!
- I have heard much of your deeds, and your strength in battle. You may command my warriors.
- A fine warrior like yourself would be well suited to lead a raid against Gondor.
- Lord Sauron bids us prepare for war.
- Lord Sauron is grateful for your deeds, Person. I will let you command my men.
- Are you ready? The great Eye will have us march West, Person, very soon indeed.
- Who do you think you are, to command my men into battle? You are no one, Person!
- Oh, Person? I have heard nothing of that name. I can only allow Men of strength and honour to command my warriors.
- You truly believe that you could lead my men into battle? You must be drunk, Person. Hah!
- I have seen many of my brothers die on the field. But you, Person - you have seen nothing of battle.
- It does not matter how much coin you have, Person. My men will not follow you!
- My men would never follow you, Person, no more than they would follow the Steward of the White City!
- You should prove your worth, Person, before you dare speak to me like that again.
- You are not truly one of us, Person. Not yet.
- You do not have what it takes to command our golden warriors. Begone, Person.
- Look! Another wretch, to be slaughtered like a sheep!
- The great Eye is with us, Person. You will never prevail!
- Your time here is over, Person. I will make sure of that!
- Your time on this earth will end now!
- Foolish of you, Person, to take up a fight with us!
- Surrender, Person! You cannot survive our strength.
- You have chosen the wrong side in this war!
- You should not have come here!
- My ancestors are smiling on me, Gondorian. Can you say the same?
- No more will we suffer under the hands of Westerling filth!
- The Eye is rising, and your lands will burn!
- You cannot hope to challenge the power of the East!
- Flee, Westerling filth!
- You are a villain out of Gondor!
|The Easterlings of Rhúdel|