|“||The effect of the draught began at the toes, and rose steadily through every limb, bringing refreshment and vigour as it coursed upwards, right to the tips of the hair.||”|
–The Two Towers, Treebeard
Note: Ent-draught will inflict a poison effect (duration of 0:05) on those who try to drink it with a negative Fangorn alignment.
Upon drinking an Ent-draught, the player earns the achievement "Invigoration"
Ent-draughts can be found exclusively in Fangorn forest in Ent jars. They cannot be drunk from the jars themselves, but right-clicking the jars with a wooden bowl will fill the bowl with the Ent-draught from the jar. A completely filled Ent jar will fill six wooden bowls.
As of Public Beta 19, there is a process to create Ent-draughts yourself, and you did not have to be in the Fangorn biome to do it, at least until Public Beta 29. First, you need an Ent-jar with water in it. Then, you right-click the filled Ent-jar with one of the special plants that can be found in Fangorn forest.
As of Public Beta 29 these can only be brewed in Fangorn.
List of plants, their corresponding draughts, and their effectsEdit
- Fangorn's Beard: brown Ent-draught (fills entire hunger bar)
- Tears of Yavanna: green Ent-draught (gives speed, haste, and strength for 2:00)
- Elfsong: yellow Ent-draught (gives regeneration for 1:00)
- Sunfruit: red Ent-draught (gives fire resistance for 3:00)
- Moonflower: silver Ent-draught (gives night vision for 3:00)
- Riverweed: blue Ent-draught (gives water breathing for 3:00)
- Huorn Leaf: golden Ent-draught (has no effect, but can be used on a sapling to create a hired Huorn if a player's Fangorn alignment is +500 or higher)
Note that the effects are not stackable. When drinking another beverage while one is already in effect (the same or another one), it merely resets the various effects to the largest duration between the remaining ones already active and the new ones. For example:
- 1st you drink a weak athelas brew; you get strength for 30 sec and regeneration for 15 sec.
- 5 seconds later, you drink moderate orc draught; regeneration remains at 10 sec, while strength increase to 1 min and you also get speed to 1 min.
- 30 sec later, you drink potent miruvor; strength and speed effects both increase to 2 min.
- In all that, the regeneration, strength and speed bonuses don't change.
Apple Juice •
Berry Juices •