|“||The Beacon-wardens were the only inhabitants of the Wood, save wild beasts; they housed in lodges in the trees near the summit, but they did not stay long, unless held there by foul weather, and they came and went in turns of duty.||”|
–Unfinished Tales, Cirion And Eorl And The Friendship Of Gondor And Rohan
Note: Gondor Tower Guards are not the Guards of the Citadel. The helmets of the Guards of the Citadel were made of Mithril, their surcoats were black and silver, and they only positioned before the Court of the Fountain of the White City. The NPC in the mod represents the Beacon-Wardens.
Gondor tower guards defend their Beacon Tower at all costs. When seeing a mob or NPC that they dislike, they will engage in melee combat using their spear.
In older versions, tower guards used to throw their spears at enemies, and then follow up with melee attacks from another spear if they were close enough. If they were too far away to execute a melee attack, they would throw another spear –- these soldiers seemed to have an infinite supply of spears.
Gondor tower guards only spawn naturally within a beacon tower (this includes beacon towers that are generated along with Gondor fortresses) and will always spawn in pairs. They always carry spears. Unlike normal soldiers, these guards never spawn riding a horse.
A Gondor tower guard can be hired at +450 Gondor alignment from a Gondorian captain, which can be found in Gondor fortresses, and they cost 25-50 ( to ) silver coins. As always, as one's alignment increases, price decreases. Only players who have pledged their allegiance to Gondor may hire these units.
|Higher health than Gondor Soldiers||Not particularly good against Warg riders|
|Combined with protection from armour, a Gondor Tower Guard needs to be dealt 38.5 HP in order to be slain||Significantly more expensive than Gondor Soldiers|
|Stronger against Olog-hai than a normal Gondor Soldier||Not very powerful in melee due to use of spear|
- Welcome to Gondor.
- Welcome to Gondor, Person.
- We are truth-speakers, we Men of Gondor.
- I long to see a King on the throne of Gondor again.
- These are dark times. A great power is rising in the east.
- I am a soldier of Gondor.
- I hope to see the glory of Gondor restored someday.
- Gondor is not as great as it once was.
- It is a shame you could not have come to Gondor in happier days, Person.
- Welcome, Person. What business brings you to Gondor?
- Good day, Person! Welcome to the land of Gondor.
- I have heard stories that the Kings may one day return and rule Gondor once more. But those are just folk-tales; they cannot be true...
- Greetings, Person. What news do you bring to Gondor from afar?
- An evil is rising once more behind the walls of Mordor. I fear it shall be our doom.
- My kin protect these lands. If not for the brave Men of Gondor, the world would have succumbed to the Shadow a long time ago.
- The heroes of Gondor shall rise to protect us, Person.
- Gondor was once one of the greatest realms of Men. Yet today it is merely a land of crumbling brick, and false hearts...
- I have trained all my life to kill Orcs. But may the Valar save me if a Troll comes knocking!
- You may have travelled far to see Gondor, Person. Yet I think you have found it in dark days.
- If the Enemy should send all his might against us, Person... well, I doubt we would see another dawn!
- I pity the rangers in Ithilien, Person. They will be the first to fall.
- I very much doubt our aged defences can withstand the might of Mordor. Yet still, I shall fight to my last, for the freedom of Men.
- You come on a fine day, Person. The Orcs have not raided our lands in more than a week.
- There have been foul airs on the wind of late. We fear something is gathering behind the mountains of ash.
- We live in fear here, Person. If you seek safety, I would advise you to travel to the lands of the Prince.
- It would take thousands of Orcs to bring down even a dozen good Gondorians.
- If anything foul should befall Gondor, then the Rohirrim would ride to our aid. I am sure of it.
- Do not think Gondor weak, Person. In heart and spirit, the Men of Gondor shall always remain strong.
- I have seen with my eyes the ruin of Osgiliath, where once was our capital city. But for five hundred years, that city has been host to naught but silent grief, a reminder of Gondor's darkening decline.
- Have you seen the Argonath, Person? They are a sight to behold!
- The vales of the Anduin are beautiful lands, almost rivalling the beauty of Gondor itself.
- Gondor has never since regained the glory it had during the days of the line of Anárion.
- Beware the slimy Orc, but fear more the Wainrider on his chariot. Though that race we have neither faced in battle nor heard tidings of for many generations.
- The White Tree is long since failed, yet our hearts still beat true.
- It is said that the peaks of the White Mountains may be seen from anywhere one may stand in Gondor.
- I long to see the Swan Knights of Dor-en-Ernil ride into battle.
- Stay far from the pines of Tawar-in-Drúedain, Person. Strange Men live there who worship stone and leaf.
- If the beacons of the White Tower should be lit, then we will know at last that our doom has come.
- The old tomb-mound of Elendil is named Halifirien in the tongue of Rohan. But his casket was sent to the Silent Street of the Stone City, five hundred years ago.
- We wish for no strangers in the land at this time, unless they be mighty men of arms in whose faith and help we can trust.
- Know now, Person, that we wish for no strangers in Gondor at this time.
- Curse the Southrons, and their curved swords!
- Our enemies are gathering beyond the Harnen.
- They say the Men of Harad are well nigh all under the sway of the Enemy.
- The havens of Umbar were once part of our realm, but they have long since fallen into the hands of the Haradrim.
- There are ill rumours out of Harad. Men say the Southrons are massing all their strength in the lands beyond the Harnen.
- You may go no further. You will not enter Gondor!
- Sons of Gondor! Hold your ground!
- You may not enter Gondor, Person!
- For Gondor!
- You are an enemy of the throne of Gondor, Person!
- Enemies have entered Gondor!
- By the White Tree, I will see you slain!
- I swear to Gondor that your death shall be swift!
- Your death shall be swift, Person!
- This is a fell hour for Gondor indeed!
- No pity for the foes of Gondor!
- You will not see the end of this day, servant of the Shadow!
- Begone from our lands, foul scum of Mordor!
- I will not allow you to harm the free folk of Gondor, Person!
- In the name of the kings of old, I shall destroy you!
- No enemies of Gondor may pass freely into our land!
- I fight for Gondor, Person.
- May our deeds restore Gondor to its former glory!
- The foes of Gondor shall fall before us!
- For Gondor!
- Our enemies are right to fear the might of Gondor, Person!
- You are a true friend of Gondor, Person.
- Today, we fight! For Gondor!
- We shall follow you through death and ruin!
- We are proud to fight amongst a great warrior such as you!
- For Gondor! For all the good in this world!
- The scum of Mordor shall face our wrath!
- Ruin to all the enemies of Gondor!
The One Wiki to Rule Them All has an article on:
The Tolkien Gateway has an article on:
|The Men of Gondor|
Soldier (Archer, Banner Bearer, Tower Guard)