Spawning[edit | edit source]
The civilians of Gondor only spawn within their home country, in the settlements that are scattered around that land.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
They will generally roam around their house. They are passive and will not attack anything unless provoked. They will then defend themselves with either a Gondorian, iron or bronze dagger, or a bronze axe. Due to their poor weapons, and their lack of armour, they will be hoping that their more heavily-armoured friends can protect them.
Drops[edit | edit source]
When killed, Gondorians will drop any of the items that can be found in the chests in their houses, with the same rarity.
Speechbank[edit | edit source]
- Welcome to Gondor, Person!
- Good day, Person.
- Welcome, my lord Person. Is there anything I can do for you?
- Gondor welcomes you, Person.
- These are dark times for Gondor, Person.
- Men whisper of fell creatures spawning in the East, and tell tales of a nameless fear...
- Welcome, Person. Would that you had come to Gondor in happier days.
- Do not be afraid, my friend Person. Rohan will come to our aid. They always come to our aid.
- These are troubled times for our people. Darkness gathers in Mordor, and the lords of the White City are silent.
- This country is my home, Person. I fear for us all in these dark days.
- This country was a great kingdom in days of old, but those days have long passed us by...
- In my heart, Person, I still dream of a day when the Kings will return to the throne of Gondor.
- Gondor. Ah, Gondor. The great South-kingdom of old, once! But now, Person, this is our long dwindling. The twilight of the West.
- I wish that I could welcome you to Gondor in happier times.
- Ah, sweet galenas! Such a beautiful, fragrant herb. One often finds it growing in these lands, Person.
- If you should chance upon a wild growth of westmansweed, you'd be wise to pick it and take it home.
- You're not from around these parts, are you, Person?
- I'd rather be down at the tavern right now.
- There's some troubling news going around. I can tell you that much.
- I should warn you, Person. Gondor is not as it once was.
- They say the shadow of Mordor is growing in the East.
- How do you fare?
- Do you have anything to drink?
- You don't look much like a Man of Gondor, Person. You're not from the South, are you?
- Which village do you come from, Person?
- There is little quite so beautiful as the sight of the Sun's first rays cast upon the white mountain-peaks.
- When I was younger, I dreamed of becoming a Swan Knight of Dol Amroth. Those times seem far away now.
- We do what we can to survive, Person. But if the Enemy comes, we will not be able to do much.
- Good day, Person! But do I mean to say that the day is good, or that it is a day to be good on?
- I hope that my family shall not be conscripted into the levies of Gondor.
- We built a wall around the fields of Pelennor to keep the Orc-raids out. We should do the same at Poros, if you ask me.
- We are truth-speakers, we Men of Gondor.
- The heroes of Gondor shall rise to protect us, Person.
- Welcome, Person. What business brings you to Gondor?
- You come on a fine day, Person. The Orcs have not raided our lands in more than a week.
- Fine day for it.
- Hello there, Person!
- The old tomb-mound of Elendil is named Halifirien in the tongue of Rohan. But his casket was sent to the Silent Street of the Stone City, five hundred years ago.
- I have seen with my eyes the ruin of Osgiliath, where once was our capital city. But for five hundred years, that city has been host to naught but silent grief, a reminder of Gondor's darkening decline.
- Gondor was once one of the greatest realms of Men. Yet today it is merely a land of crumbling brick, and false hearts...
- I have heard stories that the Kings may one day return and rule Gondor once more. But those are just folk-tales; they cannot be true...
- What news, Person?
- What tidings do you carry?
- Tell me, Person. What news of lands afar?
- I am your true friend, Person, as long as you stand true for Gondor.
- Darkness is gathering on Gondor. And, Person, it seems rain-clouds are gathering on the horizon.
- Our crops have been failing, Person. I hope for better fortune next year.
- The westmansweed of these fields is a wonderful and fragrant herb.
- The hearts of Men may grow false, Person, but our lands are still as fair as ever.
- Many Men out of Ithilien and the South-lands sought refuge here, one hundred years ago. I hope that one day our host will march East and take back those haunted homelands!
- This realm is called Stoningland in the tongue of Rohan. Well, we cannot say we lack for stone, Person.
- Are these the last days of Men? Once, Gondor was great, but with every passing day I fear more for our future.
- There is a cold darkness coming down onto the realms of Men.
- Truly, these days are the failing of the race of Men. It seems even my crops are failing.
- The scholars speak of days when Gondor was a shining jewel among the realms of Men. I fear those days are forever lost, Person.
- Tall ships and tall kings, three times three. What brought they from the foundered land, over the flowing sea? Seven stars, and seven stones, and one white tree.
- Have you any fair tidings, Person?
- Men from the outlands are coming to the heartlands, away from conflict. They bring trouble, but I think we'll manage.
- Come, Person, tell me a tale to cheer my heart.
- I must return to work, Person. Those fields won't till themselves.
- Ah, Person! I believe we have met before. Or am I mistaken?
- Well met, Person!
- Well met.
- I shall not bore you with old tales of the village.
- They say those Southrons carry curved swords into battle. Curved swords!
- You're no friend of mine, Person.
- You're a villain!
- Get out of my sight, Person.
- Run along, Person, else I'll call the guards on you.
- You won't be doing any crimes here!
- You're a nasty piece of work, Person.
- You are no friend of Gondor, Person.
- You shall get no welcome here.
- You'd best be careful around here. It's not safe for criminals like you.
- Leave Gondor while you still can, Person.
- We don't look kindly on criminals here!
- I suggest you leave this place, Person.
- Away with you!
- Our people have no love for villains like you!
- The heroes of Gondor will strike you down, Person.
- You'd be best to leave, Person. Or would you rather be forced out?
- You belong in the stocks, Person!
- Don't look at me like that.
- What do you want from me, you scoundrel?
- We have no love for people of your sort.
- You're a ne'er-do-well, Person, that's for sure.
- Off with you, Person! We don't welcome ne'er-do-wells in Gondor.
Drunkard[edit | edit source]
- Ring ding diddle diddle I de oh ring di diddly I oh!
- Roll roll roll roll, roll-roll-rolling down the hole!
- Hey ho! To the bottle I go!
- I drink, therefore I am.
- Tippity tippity tap! Splish splash splosh!
- My ale! Mine!
- Do not turn me about so, Person. My stomach is not constant.
- Stop walking on the wall, Person! Ho! Ho!
- Here and there, ale is everywhere!
- I couldn't live without my ale!
- The ale is mine!
- Up and down and left and right, I will drink until the end of night!
- Teh to ti ti tum!
- More ale in my pail!
- These Orcs are crazy!
- Mushroom! Mushroom! Mushroom!
- I used to be an adventurer, just like you. Then I discovered ale!
- Help! Everything is square! How long have I been here? Am I going mad? Please help me, Person!
- Yo ho ho and a bottle of your finest ale!
- They see me! They see you! They see everything!
- A fine pail of ale is finer than a fresh quail of nail!
- A song! A song!
- Sing, Person! Sing!
- How dare you oppress me so?
- My singing talent eclipses even that of the Elves!
- Give me a reason to fight and I shall drink ale!
- Well, well, haven't you come a long way! I haven't seen you in years, Person!
- Get off me, you drunkard!
- You shouldn't have *hic* drunk so much, Person, you fool.
- Goodness me, what a fine day for it!
- Ah, my old friend! Welcome home!
- Ring a ding a ding dong, sing me a song!
- You'll want to back off, else we'll be having a scuffle!
- My, my, my, aren't you a strange fellow?
- Your breath stinks of ale. Begone!
- Why do you sway around so?
- Aha, yes, you're a clever little fellow, aren't you?
- Stand still there!
- Get out of my tavern!
- I will sit on the throne of Gondor! I will be your King!
- Stay well away from me, Southron!
- There's always room for more drink!
- Yes, and a fine place for it!
- Oh, I quite agree, Person.
- I'll have you know I have quite the tale, to have you know, my Person.
- And what a day for it! What a day indeed!
- Don't you like to drink, Person?
- My old friend! Come, drink with me, Person.
- Now's not the time for it.
- I already told you, I have quite the tale for you to know, a tale. Now go away.
- That's not what you say, is it?
- I'm strong, I am. Strong and I can talk too.
- Can't you see I'm busy?
- Those cursed Southrons.
- I've seen some things, Person. By Elendil, I've seen some things.
- You want me to tell you that old tale again?
- Speak up, Person! I can barely hear you.
- You're a dim old fellow, aren't you?
- That's very clever, Person. Very clever indeed, yes, very clever.
- I'd tell you, but then I'd only have to tell you again, you old fool.
- Here I am!
- Goodness, isn't it dark in here?
- Slow down! All of you, slow down.
- I've had it up to here with your tomfoolery.
- Is it time to go home yet, Person?
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|The Men of Gondor|
Soldier (Archer, Banner Bearer, Tower Guard)