|“||A huge orc-chieftain, almost man-high, clad in black mail from head to foot, leaped into the chamber; behind him his followers clustered in the doorway. His broad flat face was swart, his eyes were like coals, and his tongue was red; he wielded a great spear.||”|
–The Fellowship of the Ring, Bridge of Khazad-dûm
Spawning[edit | edit source]
Gundabad Orc Chieftains can be found in Gundabad Orc Camps and Taken Dwarven Towers. Camps can be found in Eriador and parts of Rhovanion, towers can also be found in the misty mountains; this is the only place where they spawn.
Unlike most other Gundabad Orcs, they'll wear Gundabad Uruk Armour, without the helm.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
Like all trading and hiring NPCs, Gundabad chieftains will not attack another mob or NPC unless provoked. Once provoked, they will defend themselves with their Orc Skull Staff.
Hiring[edit | edit source]
Upon hiring a unit from a Gundabad Orc chieftain, the player earns the achievement "Rabble Rouser"
|Unit||Unpledged Cost (Silver Coins)||Pledged Cost (Silver Coins)||Alignment Required (Gundabad)||Requires Pledge (Gundabad)|
|Gundabad Orc||15-30 ( to )||8-15 ( to )||+100||No|
|Gundabad Orc Archer||35-70 ( to )||18-35 ( to )||+150||No|
|Gundabad Wargs||20-40 ( to )||10-20 ( to )||+150||No|
|Warg Rider||35-70 ( to )||18-35 ( to )||+200||No|
|Warg Archer Rider||55-110 ( to )||28-55 ( to )||+250||No|
|Gundabad Uruk||N/A||20-40 ( to )||+350||Yes|
|Gundabad Uruk Archer||N/A||30-60 ( to )||+400||Yes|
|Gundabad Banner Bearer||35-70 ( to )||18-35 ( to )||+250||No|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to the addition of Gundabad Uruks, the Gundabad Orc Chieftain was a regular Gundabad Orc, with random armour.
Speechbank[edit | edit source]
- What do silver coins and Man-flesh have in common? I never have enough of them!
- You want some mercenaries, Person? I want some coins.
- Get your fighting Orcs here! Starting at just a few silver coins!
- I want to get my stinking hands on some more silver coins!
- The forces of evil are ready for hire, maggot!
- I have many fine stinking Orcs for you to command!
- You want to command my boys? Then give me some silver coins!
- My boys will serve you well, for a dozen silver coins, of course!
- Give me some coins and I'll give you some troops.
- Come and get your Orcs here, maggot!
- My fine Orcs can be yours for a few silver coins!
- You think I'd sell mercenaries to scum like you? Ha!
- Only the foulest of Men can command Orcs, Person.
- Work some more evil, and then perhaps I'll consider trading units with you.
- Come back when you've proven your worth, maggot.
- I'm not selling any Orcs to you until you kill some more filthy enemies!
- We Orcs would never follow a weakling like you, Person!
- What do you want, you filthy maggot?
- You aren't getting any troops from me, worm!
- Only true servants of the One may command my mighty Orcs!
- Come back when you're not a miserable worm anymore!
- I'm not giving you any of my boys until you prove yourself worthy to us!
- Have you not been driven out by our armies yet, scum?
- I'll bleed you like a stuck pig!
- Enjoy your last breath, scum!
- You're nice and fresh!
- Kill the scum!
- Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys!
- You stink of fear!
- Die, Man-scum!
- Your blood smells fresh!
- I'll skewer you like a piece of meat!
- You'd better start running, maggot!
- Come any closer and I'll stick you like a fresh cut of meat!
- We dine on Man-flesh tonight!
|The Hordes of Gundabad|