Harad Nomads are nomadic inhabitants of the Great Desert. They spawn in the desert regions of Near Harad, especially the Half-deserts, where their outposts and encampments can be found. These reclusive people are distrusted by their Southron neighbors and forgotten by most other folk, as they still follow the nomadic ways of the first Men to settle in Near Harad. They have kept the ancient traditions alive for millennia, and have prospered greatly off trade with the other Southron realms.
These NPC's can be found in the Half-deserts, and more rarely in the Great Desert itself, and will only spawn aboveground. However, they may be found at any time of day or night. They will also spawn in Nomad outposts and encampments in great numbers.
Nomads will spend their time wandering around, chatting with neutral or friendly players. They are usually passive, and will not attack enemy players unless attacked themselves If they are attacked, they will defend themselves using Haradric daggers. Because of their lack of armour and weak attack, they rely on their armoured kin to protect them.
These Men are immune to the heat of the Great Desert, and will not take damage in the open sun, even the ones that aren't wearing Harad Turbans.
- We alone know the secret roads of the sands.
- These lands are harsh, but we know the ways of the desert.
- Come inside my tent, Person. You must need to cool off.
- Take care to cover yourself against the Sun. She is harsh indeed in these lands.
- Welcome to our lands, Person.
- We welcome you as a friend, but you are not one of us.
- Our robes are a shield against the desert heat.
- Are you thirsty, Person? Such is the way of the desert.
- You seem like the type who would know a good deal when you see one. I respect that.
- If you end up in the Great Desert, seek out the green jewels. They are the key to your survival.
- You don't seem like you're from around here.
- Some find our lifestyle strange, but I see only strength in taming the heat of the desert.
- Here's a tip for crossing the desert. Be sure to bring plenty of water!
- Bandits are the least of my worries in the desert.
- Bandits - those honourless thieves, they disgust me!
- Don't you love a good desert breeze, Person?
- I prefer to follow the Arênin when we travel towards the Gulf.
- I once stumbled upon a great ruin in the desert. But I haven't managed to find it again...
- If you are like me, you meet a lot of different people who all act the same.
- Your skin doesn't seem too familiar with the heat of the great desert yet.
- I'm sure our endurance would outlast any other army if we did have to take up arms against the North.
- I am one of the few who know the way across the desert to Ijdi-ilel.
- I respect the competitive nature of those Gulfings.
- I haven't met any of those Corsairs yet, but trade upon water sounds... fascinating.
- One of the nice things about short visits is the fact that any unsavoury actions are forgotten by the time I return.
- Pleasure to meet you, Person.
- The women of Bakrîzad always make someone like me feel welcome.
- The Morwaith don't like haggling. Their trade is as uncultured as their prey.
- Some of my friends stick around Ayûkaph-amâm. Something about an easy life. Ha, how boring!
- If you should ever pass through Ajtiaz an-Ahâr, stay cautious. A lot can go unnoticed there...
- Be sure to try the fruits of the Gulf if you are passing through, Person.
- Ijdi-ilel might be far, but weapons don't sell better anywhere else.
- Have you seen the great beasts crossing the Arênin?
- Ajtiaz an-Ahâr is a good place to catch up on what's going on in this world.
- I personally believe Izêm-ulzuz has the most fascinating of bazaars.
- I want to travel by the Arênin once more, before I retire.
- Seek the shade. It might save your life!
- Rumour has it that the dawn burns the sands of the east until they turn red.
- I'm staying clear from Bakrîzad until those so-called Mûmakil are gone.
- By the Serpent! How did you find our caravan, Person?
- You may be a friend of our people... but we nomads care more for the amount of silver you carry.
- A camel is a man's best friend.
- Stop! Thief! Murderer!
- Begone! You aren't welcome here!
- How dare you show your face like this!
- I have half a mind to drag you into the burning sands with us!
- Get away from my pockets!
- I fear you will try to rob me! Begone, Person!
- And here I was thinking perhaps there was still some hope for the pale-skinned!
- I knew you weren't trustworthy!
- Such lack of decency! You are no better than the bandits!
- I hope the Sun burns you alive!
- I hope your bedroll will be full of scorpions!
- Even if you survive, the desert always claims her price!
- May the vultures feast on your corpse!
- The Great Serpent shall not forgive you, Person!
- Even out here, the pathetic Men of the North seek to torment good people!
- You think you can beat us? We were raised by the desert herself!
- This is why we hire the guards! Help!
- You're hired by those men from Bakrîzad, aren't you?
- You must be after what I bought at Izêm-ulzuz. On your own head be it!
- Unfortunately for you, I haven't sold all my weapons at Ijdi-ilel yet!
- Now, how did those incompetent soldiers let you pass the borders of Harad?
- Let me introduce you to the nomadic way of torture!
- The smiling game is over, Person. You don't deserve it.
- You can't honestly think you can beat us desert-conquerors!