The Hobbit bartender is a good and friendly trader NPC, who will be happy to trade with anyone who is not evil. They sell much food and buy materials to produce even more food.
Upon trading with a Hobbit bartender, the player earns the achievement "Welcome Customer".
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
Hobbit bartenders stay behind the bar of their tavern, waiting for anyone who wants to buy drinks or food. Hobbit bartenders will refuse to trade with anyone who has killed an NPC in the tavern, or who has negative Hobbit alignment.
When attacked, they will try to flee.
Spawning[edit | edit source]
In each tavern, one bartender will spawn behind the bar table. They will not naturally spawn anywhere else.
Items Sold[edit | edit source]
Below is a table of values for each item that the player is available to purchase from this NPC. Use this table to find out if your bartender is giving you a good deal or not. Each Hobbit bartender will not have every item listed for sale.
|Items Sold||Price Range||Image|
|Steak||5-9 ( to )|
|Cooked Porkchop||5-9 ( to )|
|Cooked Mutton||5-9 ( to )|
|Cooked Chicken||5-8 ( to )|
|Bread||4-6 ( to )|
|6 x Pipe-weed||5-8 ( to )|
|Smoking Pipe||11-19 ( to )|
|Wooden Mug||2-3 ( to )|
|Ceramic Mug||2-3 ( to )|
|2 x Baked Potato||5-9 ( to )|
|Cooked Fish||5-8 ( to )|
|Mug of Chocolate||3-5 ( to )|
|Apple Juice||5-8 ( to )|
|Orange Juice||5-8 ( to )|
|Gammon||5-9 ( to )|
|Cooked Venison||5-9 ( to )|
|Cooked Rabbit||5-8 ( to )|
|Rabbit Stew||8-13 ( to )|
|Mushroom Stew||8-13 ( to )|
|Mushroom Pie||8-13 ( to )|
|Hobbit Pancake||8-13 ( to )|
|Plate||2-3 ( to )|
|Hobbit Marriage Ring||11-18 ( to )|
|Hobbit Oven||30-50 ( to )|
|Hobbit Crafting Table||30-50 ( to )|
|Light Ale||5-8 ( to )|
|Moderate Ale||6-10 ( to )|
|Strong Ale||8-13 ( to )|
|Light Cider||5-8 ( to )|
|Moderate Cider||6-10 ( to )|
|Strong Cider||8-13 ( to )|
|Light Perry||5-8 ( to )|
|Moderate Perry||6-10 ( to )|
|Strong Perry||8-13 ( to )|
Items Bought[edit | edit source]
Below is a table of values for each item that the player can sell to this NPC. Use this table to earn more money by only selling when the prices are high. You will not be able to sell every item to every bartender as each Hobbit bartender will not want to purchase every item listed below.
Upon selling pipe-weed to a Hobbit bartender, the player earns the achievement "Street Credit".
|Items Bought||Average Price||Image|
|Raw Beef||2-4 ( to )|
|Raw Porkchop||2-4 ( to )|
|Raw Mutton||2-4 ( to )|
|Raw Chicken||2-4 ( to )|
|Raw Rabbit||2-4 ( to )|
|Raw Venison||2-4 ( to )|
|Clay Mug||1-1 ( to )|
|Clay Plate||1-1 ( to )|
|Pipe-weed Leaf||1-1 ( to )|
|2 x Potato||1-1 ( to )|
|Raw Fish||2-3 ( to )|
|Four-leaf Clover||30-50 ( to )|
|Bucket||2-4 ( to )|
|Water Bucket||3-5 ( to )|
|2 x Coal||1-1 ( to )|
|Salt||8-13 ( to )|
Speechbank[edit | edit source]
- Good day, Person.
- Good day!
- Welcome to The Young Knight.
- Welcome to The Young Knight, Person!
- Another customer! How are you?
- Do you like ale? We have plenty here.
- The Young Knight is as fine a place to get drunk as you've ever seen.
- This is The Young Knight. The best tavern in all the Shire!
- And what'll it be today, Person?
- Looking for a drink?
- Looking for a drink, Person?
- Don't you have any silver coins?
- Silver coins for your dinner?
- Here at The Young Knight, we trade in silver coins!
- If you have the coins, I have the goods!
- Welcome to the finest tavern west of Bree!
- What can I get you, Person?
- You'll find the finest ale here, Person!
- For a few silver coins, I can get you anything your stomach desires!
- Get out!
- Get out of The Young Knight!
- I won't have you causing trouble in my tavern, Person. Get out!
- You're not welcome in The Young Knight.
- No ale for you!
- No ale for you, Person.
- We don't take kindly to folk like you round here.
- I shan't be serving you anything!
- No troublemakers like you in The Young Knight.
- Nasty folk like you aren't welcome in The Young Knight.
- Hey, Person! Get out of my tavern!
- Get out before I call the Bounders!
- I don't serve troublemakers in The Young Knight!
- I will give you nothing for dinner tonight, Person!
- I don't serve queer folk like you!
- You won't be getting anything from me, Person!
- Get out of here, you dirty blighter!
- I don't want no trouble in here, Person.
- Let's not be having no trouble, now.
- I shan't be thinking I'll be serving you anything.
- No thank-you, Person!
- No thank-you! We don't want any of your sort in here.
|The Little Folk of the Shire|
Hobbit (Farmhand, Bounder)