In the renewed version only, the leaves have new models, with small vines sometimes appearing below them. In addition, the leaves are fully opaque to light if more than one block thick, and the roots can extend downwards. Also, Mirk-oak vines have been replaced by a biome-specific variant of normal vanilla vines. There can also be be cobwebs hanging from the trees.
Varieties of Mirk-oak
There are three variants of this tree: Green-oak, Red-oak and (the dark green) Mirk-oak.
The trees grown from a single sapling are similar in size to an oak tree, but with a wide, hemispherical canopy supported by branches. However, there are also the large, huge and even massive sizes, with rounder and larger canopies. The trunks of the massive Green-oaks of the Woodland Realm, whose canopies are thick and branched, often play host to one or more Wood-elf lookout platforms.
Red-oaks and Green-oaks drop Green-oak wood, Mirk-oaks drop Mirk-oak wood. The raw wood can then be made into beams or wood planks. These planks, like other wooden planks, can then be crafted into stairs, fences, and slabs.
The Red-oak leaves, if sheared and obtained as a block, are a necessary ingredient in crafting Wood-elven torches.
- Public Beta 7 first added Mirk-oak trees.
- Public Beta 9 added large designs.
- Public Beta 29 added new models, as well as Green-oaks.
- Renewed Snapshot 1.0 initially added Mirk-oak trees, but only a basic model with no special features.
- Renewed Snapshot 1.6 added an improved design, with vines (small and large), roots and light-blocking properties.
- Renewed Snapshot 1.7 added hanging webs to Mirk-oak trees, and added the green-oak and red-oak variants (with green-oak wood).
Dark Oak •