The Mordor Orc Commander is a captain that spawns at the top of towers. They will allow you to hire Mordor orcs if you have at least +150 Mordor alignment. They are equipped with Mordor armour, and hold an Orc Skull Staff in their right hand and a silver coin in their left.
Upon hiring a unit from a Mordor Orc Commander, the player earns the achievement "To War!"
As with Mordor Orcs, the chance of being attacked by their commanders decreases the higher your alignment gets. When your alignment reaches +100 for Mordor, they will no longer target you.
The commanders spawn at the top of towers. They do not seek out foes to target, but if attacked, they will fight back. They will wander around the tower, sometimes falling off the top and killing themselves by accident. When a commander dies, a coin floats in the air, signifying where he died and will eventually respawn.
You can hire Mordor orcs with a Mordor alignment of at least +150. Below are the available units and their respective prices in silver coins, as well as the alignment required to hire each unit.
|Unit||Unpledged Cost (Silver Coins)||Pledged Cost (Silver Coins)||Alignment Required (Mordor)||Requires Pledge (Mordor)|
|Mordor Orc||20-40 ( to )||10-20 ( to )||+150||No|
|Mordor Orc Archer||40-80 ( to )||20-40 ( to )||+200||No|
|Mordor Orc Bombardier||50-100 ( to )||25-50 ( to )||+250||No|
|Mordor Warg||20-40 ( to )||10-20 ( to )||+150||No|
|Mordor Orc Warg Rider||40-80 ( to )||20-40 ( to )||+250||No|
|Mordor Orc Archer Warg Rider||60-120 ( to )||30-60 ( to )||+300||No|
|Mordor Warg Bombardier||50-100 ( to )||25-50 ( to )||+400||No|
|Olog-hai||N/A||60-120 ( to )||+500||Yes|
|Mordor Banner Bearer||40-80 ( to )||20-40 ( to )||+300||No|
|Minas Morgul Banner Bearer||40-80 ( to )||20-40 ( to )||+300||No|
- What do silver coins and Man-flesh have in common? I never have enough of them!
- You want some mercenaries, Person? I want some coins.
- Get your fighting Orcs here! Starting at just a few silver coins!
- I want to get my stinking hands on some more silver coins!
- The forces of Mordor are ready for hire, maggot!
- Mordor has many fine stinking Orcs for you to command!
- The filth of Lugbúrz doesn't come cheap, Person!
- You want to hire some maggots from Lugbúrz? Just bring me some stinking coins!
- You want my boys, you can have them! For a dozen silver coins of course. Ha! Ha!
- My boys are the finest Orcs in all of Mordor! They'll serve you well - for the right price...
- Orcs aren't free. You'll need to give me some coins, or no deal!
- Come and get your warrior Orcs here!
- You think I'd sell mercenaries to scum like you? Ha!
- Only the foulest of Men can command Orcs, Person.
- Work some more evil, and then perhaps I'll consider trading units with you.
- Come back when you've proven your worth, maggot.
- I'm not selling any Orcs to you until you kill some more filthy enemies!
- The Orcs of Mordor would never follow a weakling like you, Person!
- You think Lugbúrz just hands out Orcs to any old maggot?
- You will need to prove yourself to the Eye, if you wish to command his mighty Orcs.
- I don't just let any old maggot hire my Orcs! Come back when you have some Man-blood on your hands!
- Go kill some of those filthy Gondorians and then I might let you hire some of my fine Orcs.
- My Orcs only follow true servants of the Eye.
- Prove yourself to the Eye and I will let you command my Orcs!
- Have you not been driven out by our armies yet, scum?
- I'll bleed you like a stuck pig!
- Enjoy your last breath, scum!
- You're nice and fresh!
- Kill the scum!
- Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys!
- You stink of fear!
- Die, Man-scum!
- Your blood smells fresh!
- I'll skewer you like a piece of meat!
- You'd better start running, maggot!
- Come any closer and I'll stick you like a fresh cut of meat!
- We dine on Man-flesh tonight!
- Once I'm done with you, you'll be nothing but a pile of bones!
- I will feast on your flesh, Man-filth!
- I'll make dinner out of you!
- You've messed with the wrong Orc, Man-scum!
- I will have your head, scum of Gondor!
- Kill the tark!
- Filthy tark tried to knife me!
- Tark scum! Come on, boys!
|The Hosts of Mordor|
Black Uruk (Archer) •
Orc (Archer, Banner Bearer, Bombardier)