Mordor Orc Traders are Orkish traders that can be found in Mordor Orc Camps. These quartermasters will sell supplies to allies of Mordor, and will purchase certain raw materials in return. They can easily be recognized by their distinctive outfits of Fur Armour, and the silver coins they carry in one hand.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
Mordor Orc Traders spend most of their time wandering around the camps where they spawn, waiting for players to trade with. They will occasionally speak to allied players unprompted, offering to trade. They rarely go far from their camps, and if they aren't killed they can be found regularly around the centre of the camp.
Traders will not immediately attack enemy players or NPCs (though, naturally, they'll refuse to trade with them too). They will fight back if attacked, however, and they wield a poisoned Mordor dagger in combat.
Mordor Orc Traders, upon being killed, will drop rotten flesh, Orc Bones, and occasionally Orc Steel Ingots or Orc Draught. When a Mordor Orc Trader is killed, a floating coin will appear above the site of their death, beneath which the trader will respawn.
Trading[edit | edit source]
Mordor Orc Traders will only trade with players whose alignment with Mordor is higher than +100. Otherwise, when spoken to they will simply refuse to trade. These traders stock your typical Mordor Orkish equipment: melee weapons, bows and arrows, armour, and some rarer items such as Orc Draught and poisoned daggers. They buy the kinds of materials that go into making such items.
Upon trading with a Mordor Orc Trader, the player earns the achievement "The Black Market".
Items Sold[edit | edit source]
Below is a table of values for each item that the player is available to purchase from this NPC. Use this table to find out if a Trader is giving a good deal or not. Please note that the values in the below tables are of the average prices in Silver Coins only and players may encounter NPC’s with better or worse deals. Each Mordor Orc Trader will only have a few of these items listed for sale.
(Note: Table values are general guides only. Some traders may have outlying prices.)
|Items Sold||Price Range||Image|
|Morgul Crafting Table||30-50 ( to )|
|Mordor Helmet||15-25 ( to )|
|Mordor Chestplate||23-38 ( to )|
|Mordor Leggings||20-33 ( to )|
|Mordor Boots||14-23 ( to )|
|Fur Helmet||11-19 ( to )|
|Fur Tunic||15-25 ( to )|
|Fur Leggings||12-20 ( to )|
|Fur Boots||9-15 ( to )|
|Mordor Warg Armour||19-31 ( to )|
|Mordor Axe||11-18 ( to )|
|Mordor Battleaxe||14-23 ( to )|
|Orc Bomb||23-38 ( to )|
|Orc Bow||12-20 ( to )|
|Mordor Dagger||8-13 ( to )|
|Mordor Pickaxe||11-18 ( to )|
|Mordor Scimitar||12-20 ( to )|
|Mordor Warscythe||14-23 ( to )|
|Mordor Spear||12-20 ( to )|
|Mordor Warhammer||12-20 ( to )|
|Poisoned Mordor Dagger||11-19 ( to )|
|4 x Arrow||2-4 ( to )|
|Maggoty Bread||3-5 ( to )|
|Light Orc Draught||5-8 ( to )|
|Moderate Orc Draught||6-10 ( to )|
|Strong Orc Draught||8-13 ( to )|
|Fur||3-5 ( to )|
Items Bought[edit | edit source]
Below is a table of values for each item that the player can sell to this NPC. Use this table to earn more money by only selling when the prices are high. Please note that the values in the below tables are of the average prices in Silver Coins only, and players may encounter NPC's with better or worse deals. Each Mordor Orc Trader will only want to purchase a few of the items listed below.
|Items Bought||Price Range||Image|
|Bone||1-1 ( to )|
|Dwarf Bone||1-1 ( to )|
|Elf Bone||1-1 ( to )|
|Feather||2-3 ( to )|
|Hobbit Bone||1-1 ( to )|
|Morgul-shroom||2-3 ( to )|
|Wooden Mug||1-1 ( to )|
|Waterskin||2-3 ( to )|
|Durnor||2-3 ( to )|
|Diamond||19-31 ( to )|
|Ruby||9-15 ( to )|
|Amber||8-13 ( to )|
|Orc Steel Ingot||2-4 ( to )|
|Black Uruk Steel Ingot||2-4 ( to )|
|Iron Ingot||2-4 ( to )|
|Bronze Ingot||2-4 ( to )|
|2 x String||1-1 ( to )|
|Man-flesh||2-4 ( to )|
Speechbank[edit | edit source]
- Orcs like silver coins as much as the next race, you know...
- Bring me coins if you want equipment.
- So you have proven yourself, Person. Now we can trade.
- A nice little stinking sum of silver coins might be nice.
- If you want to trade, bring some coins, and keep it quiet.
- An Orc can never have enough silver coins, maggot!
- I might be interested in buying some materials.
- Certain materials can fetch a good price among traders like myself.
- I love crunching on a nice Elf bone!
- Come and get your goods here, maggot!
- I'll sell you the finest Orc-tools for a low price!
- I have many fine treasures that might interest you! Come and get a look, maggot!
- Silver coins is all I care about! Do you have them, Person?
- You have the coins, I have the goods! Come and get some!
- Come crawling back when you've proved your worth, weakling.
- The stench of evil on you is not yet strong enough, Person.
- If you wish to trade, you must prove your worth among our forces!
- I've seen more threatening Halflings than you!
- You want to trade? Come back when you're further down the path of darkness, scum.
- Go and slay a few stinking Elves, and then perhaps we can trade.
- If you want any Orcish equipment, you'll have to work more evil first.
- There's no way I'm trading with a maggot like you!
- Do you think the Lord of the Black Land just lets me hand out equipment to anyone, maggot?
- Come back when you've done some evil!
- I don't sell my treasures to any maggot that passes by!
- Prove yourself to the Eye if you wish to get your hands on some of my fine goods!
- I don't trust you, maggot! Go and kill some of those filthy Gondorians and then I might sell you something!
- Don't show me your ugly face again until you've done your service in the name of the Eye.
- Have you not been driven out by our armies yet, scum?
- I'll bleed you like a stuck pig!
- Enjoy your last breath, scum!
- You're nice and fresh!
- Kill the scum!
- Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys!
- You stink of fear!
- Die, Man-scum!
- Your blood smells fresh!
- I'll skewer you like a piece of meat!
- You'd better start running, maggot!
- Come any closer and I'll stick you like a fresh cut of meat!
- We dine on Man-flesh tonight!
- Once I'm done with you, you'll be nothing but a pile of bones!
- I will feast on your flesh, Man-filth!
- I'll make dinner out of you!
- You've messed with the wrong Orc, Man-scum!
- I will have your head, scum of Gondor!
- Kill the tark!
- Filthy tark tried to knife me!
- Tark scum! Come on, boys!
|The Hosts of Mordor|
Black Uruk (Archer) •
Orc (Archer, Banner Bearer, Bombardier)