|“||Neither [Sam] nor Frodo knew anything of the great slave-worked fields away south in this wide realm, beyond the fumes of the Mountain by the dark sad waters of Lake Núrnen[.]||”|
–The Land of Shadow, The Return of the King
The Mordor Slaver is a type of Orc that spawns in towers in Nurn, the fertile southern region of Mordor. They carry a Branding Iron in one hand to "mark" slaves and a silver coin in the other, showing that they are willing to trade with players who have positive Mordor alignment.
Upon hiring a slave from a Mordor slaver, the player earns the achievement "Where There's a Whip...".
Like most trader NPCs, Mordor Slavers never attack unless provoked. If provoked, they will use Mordor equipment to fight back. When a slaver is killed, a coin will appear over the spot in which he died, marking where he will eventually respawn.
Players with at least +200 alignment with Mordor can buy slaves from Mordor slavers for 80 () silver coins each. The price decreases as one's alignment with Mordor increases, bottoming out at 20 coins. These slaves will farm whatever seeds they are given, and will harvest crops once they are fully-grown.
- Get your stinking slaves here!
- My slaves are excellent farmers, Person, but I don't give them away for free!
- You after some slaves, my lord?
- I have plenty of filthy maggots ready for sale!
- You'd better be filthy rich, Person, because these slaves ain't cheap!
- You bring out your coins and I'll bring out my slaves!
- Looking to buy some slaves of Núrn, my lord?
- These slaves don't come cheap, you know!
- Welcome, welcome, lord Person, to the beautiful land of Núrn! How many slaves would you like to buy?
- So, how many slaves are you after?
- Would you like to buy a slave? Of course you would!
- Slaves aren't cheap!
- Come and get your slaves here!
- I offer you the best slaves in all of Núrn!
- For just a few silver coins, you can command your own slave!
- These slaves are fine workers - if you lash them enough! Ha! Ha!
- Get back to work, scum! Mordor's armies ain't going to feed themselves!
- A filthy maggot like you trying to hire some slaves? Hahaha!
- Only the foulest of Men get to hire my slaves, Person!
- You want to hire my slaves? Is this a joke?
- I'm not selling any slaves to the likes of you, maggot!
- If you want to buy slaves from me, you'll have to do some more evil.
- Are you a slave, or what?
- Get back to work! Oh, you're not a slave? But you may as well be, scum!
- You want to hire slaves from me? Bad joke, Man-scum!
- Get back to work!
- Those crops won't grow themselves!
- You want some slaves, maggot? Prove yourself to the Eye first!
- You're not getting any of my slaves, filth!
- You won't be getting any slaves from me until you do some evil!
- Come back when you're not a filthy worm any more!
- In my eyes, you're just another slave! Come back when you have proven your allegiance to the Eye.
- Have you not been driven out by our armies yet, scum?
- I'll bleed you like a stuck pig!
- Enjoy your last breath, scum!
- You're nice and fresh!
- Kill the scum!
- Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys!
- You stink of fear!
- Die, Man-scum!
- Your blood smells fresh!
- I'll skewer you like a piece of meat!
- You'd better start running, maggot!
- Come any closer and I'll stick you like a fresh cut of meat!
- We dine on Man-flesh tonight!
- Once I'm done with you, you'll be nothing but a pile of bones!
- I will feast on your flesh, Man-filth!
- I'll make dinner out of you!
- You've messed with the wrong Orc, Man-scum!
- I will have your head, scum of Gondor!
- Kill the tark!
- Filthy tark tried to knife me!
- Tark scum! Come on, boys!
|The Hosts of Mordor|
Black Uruk (Archer) •
Orc (Archer, Banner Bearer, Bombardier)