(Anduin) falls […] down into the Nindalf, the Wetwang as it is called in your tongue. That is a wide region of sluggish fen where the stream becomes tortuous and much divided. There the Entwash flows in by many mouths from the Forest of Fangorn in the west.Celeborn in The Fellowship of The Ring
Nindalf is located south and west of the Dead Marshes and borders the Anduin River. Nindalf, along with the swamps at the Mouths of Entwash, was created in the aftermath of the Fell Winter, when the Entwash flooded and turned the area into a marsh.
Upon entering Nindalf, the player earns the achievement "Wetwang"
- Nindalf Swamp Uplands: A version of the marshes with fewer pools, higher land generation, and many more trees.
- Nindalf Swamp Lowlands: A variant of the marshes that is more or less flat, and is more like a vast pool choked with bits of land and quagmire.
There is no standard version of Nindalf or any swamp biome.
No mobs spawn here during the day, but at night the land is crawling with Orcs.
- Mordor Orc (can ride a Warg)- Evil Orcs of Mordor, equipped with Mordor Orc armour, and armed with (interchangeably) Mordor Scimitars, spears, battleaxes, or war-hammers.
- Mordor Orc Archer (can be mounted)- Mordor Orcs equipped with bows.
- Mordor Orc Bombardier- Mordor Orcs armed with deadly Orc Bombs. They are very destructive, and when the bomb has been used, the Bombardier will switch to a dagger.
Nindalf is a large swamp. The grass is a brownish green. Stunted Oak and Spruce trees grow here, and there are dead trees as well. Quagmire generates here around the many pools of water, and is similar to quicksand.
The One Wiki to Rule Them All has an article on:
The Tolkien Gateway has an article on: