The Nomad Chieftain is an NPC that you can hire Harad Nomad troops from.
Chieftains spawn in one of the large tents found within Nomad encampments.
Like all hiring chieftains, the Nomad Chieftain will ignore any player, regardless of alignment, until attacked, at which point he will defend himself with the weapon he is wielding (a Haradric pike). If a Chieftain is hurt in combat, he will heal himself quickly as soon as combat is over.
|Unit||Unpledged Cost (Silver Coins)||Pledged Cost (Silver Coins)||Alignment Required ( Near Harad faction)||Requires Pledge ( Near Harad faction)|
|Nomad Guard||20-40 ( to )||10-20 ( to )||+150||No|
|Nomad Archer||40-80 ( to )||20-40 ( to )||+200||No|
|Nomad Camelman||40-80 ( to )||20-40 ( to )||+250||No|
|Nomad Camel Archer||60-120 ( to )||30-60 ( to )||+300||No|
|Nomad Banner Bearer||40-80 ( to )||20-40 ( to )||+300||No|
- I'm sure our endurance would outlast any other army if we did have to take up arms against the North.
- I suppose you look like you're ready to lead my men.
- If you wish to hire my guards, you will need to pay me well!
- Keep one eye on the guards, Person. Especially if you have any valuable goods lying nearby...
- My guards are well-trained, Person. But they do like treasure.
- You want to hire my guards? Do you have the coin?
- Our guards are trained to escort the trade caravans. But they are no less fierce on the field of battle!
- Welcome, Person. Are those silver coins I hear clinking in your pockets?
- I hope you have the wealth to back yourself up in here.
- You may be a friend of our people... but here, we care more for the amount of silver you carry.
- By the Serpent! How did you find our camp, Person?
- You're not a trader, nor from the desert. Why would my men follow you?
- My men serve their own people, not strangers.
- I don't see your caravan anywhere, Person. What use would you have for my guards?
- Your sunburns tell me you aren't ready to lead my men.
- The art of trade seems foreign to you still, Person.
- Would you even be able to afford paying my men to protect your wares?
- Begone! You aren't welcome here!
- Back away from the wares!
- How dare you show your face like this!
- The trade is off, but you will pay!
- I have half a mind to drag you into the burning sands with us!
- Curse you and begone, Person, you are no friend of Harad!
- And here I was thinking perhaps there was still some hope for the pale-skinned!
- I knew you weren't trustworthy!
- You will not leave my sight alive, Person!
- The price for your crime is your life!
- Such lack of decency! You are no better than the bandits!
- I hope the Sun burns you alive!
- I hope your bedroll will be full of scorpions!
- Even if you survive, the desert always claims her price!
- May the vultures feast on your corpse!
- The Great Serpent shall not forgive you, Person!
- We are trained to kill thieves. You'll be no trouble at all!
- Just you wait, northerner. We are coming with more than you can prepare for!
- You think you can beat us? We were raised by the desert herself!
- Our endurance will long outlast yours, rat!
- I will chase you across the desert if I have to!
- I don't need water to drown you. I will use your blood!
- Now, how did those incompetent soldiers let you pass the borders of Harad?
- Let me introduce you to the nomadic way of torture!
- You can't honestly think you can beat us desert-conquerors!