You might be looking for stationary nomad traders.
Nomad Merchants are Travelling Traders from the Great Desert of Near Harad. They are Harad Nomads who wander the nearer lands of Haradwaith seeking players to trade with, much like the Merchants of Harad, who travel north for trade. They wear black, white, grey, or tan Harad Robes, and will trade with any player who does not have a negative Near Harad alignment.
Upon trading with a Nomad Merchant, the player earns the achievement "Caravan of Curiosities".
The behaviour of Nomad Merchants is similar to that of Merchants of Harad - instead of spawning in one specific biome, they wander across the lands of Near Harad, bringing their wares to faraway lands. They can be found in the Half-deserts, where most of their people live, as well as in the Harad Desert Riverbank subbiome. They make regular trips to the Gulf of Harad, Harnennor, the Southron Coasts, and Umbar, and can also make appearances in the Far Harad Grasslands.
These merchants do not remain in one place for long (they will stay for one Minecraft day). Thus, the player should take the incentive to find them and trade with them once they arrive. They will always be accompanied by a party of Harad Nomads.
The player will get a chat message when a Nomad Merchant arrives nearby, and also when they leave the area. There will also be a warning message one minute before the trader leaves, and a death message for when they are killed.
Nomad Merchants will not attack until provoked. When attacked, however, merchants will defend themselves with Haradric daggers.
|Items Bought||Price Range||Image|
|Gold Ingot||11-19 ( to )|
|Iron Ingot||2-4 ( to )|
|Bronze Ingot||2-4 ( to )|
|Diamond||19-31 ( to )|
|Emerald||11-19 ( to )|
|Sapphire||9-15 ( to )|
|Ruby||9-15 ( to )|
|Opal||8-13 ( to )|
|Amber||8-13 ( to )|
|Pearl||19-31 ( to )|
|Bread||2-3 ( to )|
|Date||2-3 ( to )|
|Orange||2-4 ( to )|
|Lemon||2-4 ( to )|
|Lime||2-4 ( to )|
|Kebab||3-5 ( to )|
|Water Bucket||3-5 ( to )|
|Arak||3-5 ( to )|
|Sugar||1-1 ( to )|
|Salt||8-13 ( to )|
- I have travelled far across the sands, and all to bring you a good deal!
- We merchants travel far and wide across all the lands of Harad.
- Only we know the secret paths among the sands.
- I hear your coins a-clinking, Person.
- Treasures! Treasures from beyond the desert!
- For you, Person, I give a good price!
- I have a deal you cannot turn down, Person!
- By Mulkhêr, I hunger for kebab... perhaps you have some to sell, Person?
- All this travelling makes one thirsty!
- Have you any food to sell, Person? We shall have need of food on our long roads across the sands.
- I bring grand treasures from the far realms of Harad.
- I bring goods and news from across the desert, Person.
- You seem like the type who would know a good deal when you see one. I respect that.
- Could I perhaps interest you in some of my wares?
- Don't let the heat of day fool you, Person. The desert nights are just as perilous.
- You don't seem like you're from around here.
- I am always open to another trade. What are you looking for?
- Competition drives better bargains, Person.
- Bandits - those honourless thieves, they disgust me!
- Ayûkaph-amâm is where I was born, and where I became the trader you see today.
- I am one of the few who know the way across the desert to Ijdi-ilel.
- I respect the competitive nature of those Gulfings.
- I haven't met any of those Corsairs yet, but trade upon water sounds... fascinating.
- I do love meeting new people.
- The women of Bakrîzad always make someone like me feel welcome.
- Someone at Izêm-ulzuz once tried to trade me a child for my wares... I refused, of course!
- The Morwaith don't like haggling. Their trade is as uncultured as their prey.
- I hate to admit it, but war is good for business.
- Ijdi-ilel might be far, but weapons don't sell better anywhere else.
- I want to travel by the Arênin once more, before I retire.
- I'm staying clear from Bakrîzad until those so-called Mûmakil are gone.
- Curse you and begone, Person, you are no friend of Harad!
- I have half a mind to drag you into the burning sands with us!
- Even I do not trade with filth like you!
- I will not accept the tainted coins of Gondor and its allies!
- Get away from my pockets!
- I fear you will try to rob me! Begone, Person!
- The trade is off, but you will pay!
- The price for your crime is your life!
- This is why we hire the guards! Help!
- You're hired by those men from Bakrîzad, aren't you?
- What, were the Corsairs not happy with their trade?
- You must be after what I bought at Izêm-ulzuz. On your own head be it!
- Unfortunately for you, I haven't sold all my weapons at Ijdi-ilel yet!
- Hurry, Person! I shall be away upon my camel before long!
- Other lands, other treasures, other deals await me!
- We shall soon be journeying onward. Now is your last chance!
- We do not wait around forever, my friends.
- Onwards! Onwards we must go!
- Come quickly, Person, for the desert roads are calling me!
- The road to the East is long, and we can tarry no longer!
- Last chance! If we do not strike a deal now, you may regret it forever!
Travelling item traders: