|“||Hirluin the Fair of the Green Hills from Pinnath Gelin with three hundreds of his gallant green-clad men.||”|
–The Return of the King, Minas Tirith
Pinnath Gelin consists of large rolling hills and sprawling forests. It's home to the Gondorian Fiefdom of Pinnath Gelin.
Upon entering the fiefdom of Pinnath Gelin, you gain the achievement "The Green Hills".
Compared to the surrounding lands of Gondor and the Anfalas coast, this biome is relatively elevated and forested.
- Standard - Normal Pinnath Gelin biome. This has relatively many tree clusters, but of a typically smaller size than elsewhere in Gondor.
- Flowers - The fields and the undergrowth of tree clusters teem with flowers in this biome. Flowery vegetation from both vanilla Minecraft (poppies, dandelions etc.) and the LOTR mod (thistles and wheat grass etc.) is abundantly present here.
- Forest - Forest covered lands.
- Light Forest - Lightly forested lands.
- Dead Oak Forest - Lands covered in forests whose glory is passing away. The forest density is comparable to the light forest variant, but there are many stems of dead, leafless trees. This variant is very helpful for acquiring large quantities of wood, as the dead trees provide a lot of easy accessible lumber.
- Birch Forest - A forest dominated with Birch trees.
- Apple-Pear Orchard - An orchard containing Apple and Pear trees.
- Plum Orchard - An orchard containing Plum trees.
Structures[edit | edit source]
There are many structures that spawn in Pinnath Gelin:
- Gondor Watchfort and Pinnath Gelin Watchfort - Small watchforts of Gondor or Pinnath Gelin. They consist of a gated main building with a bridge that leads to a Gondorian Beacon Tower. The main building has four floors. The first floor contains four barrels of ale and two chests, as well as Gondorian crafting table. The second floor contains another chest, the third has an entry to the bridge, and the fourth floor is an open balcony where either a Gondorian captain or a Pinnath Gelin Captain, oversee the surroundings. Inside the fortress and on the bridge Gondorian archers or Pinnath Gelin Soldiers patrol. The beacons are guarded by Gondorian Tower Guards.
- Ruined Gondor Tower - Two floored tower with battlements on the top. Includes a bed and a Gondorian crafting table along with other useful items
- Gondor Obelisk - Slim tower with a Beacon of Gondor on top.
- Gondor Ruins - Scattered ruins of an unrecognizable building. Some have tombs beneath, which contain treasure chests and a Gondor Ruins Wraith
- Gondor Village and Pinnath Gelin Village - These come in three variants and contain a large number of structures, inhabitants and goods. There are villages dominated by people from both greater Gondor and by local people from Pinnath Gelin. These can be distinguished by the typical use of the local Banners and the use of Gondor Cobblebrick and green tiling in the Pinnath Gelin dominated villages. Check the corresponding page to see what these villages can offer to weary travellers and raiding foes. The villages in the Gondor heartland, including the Pelennor Fields, generate without fiefdom-specific troops, banners or construction materials.
Mobs[edit | edit source]
- Gondorian - Men and Women of Gondor
- Gondorian Levyman - The militia force of Gondor
- Pinnath Gelin Soldier - Soldiers of the Green Hills
- Gondorian Tower Guard - Guards the beacon towers of Pinnath Gelin Watchforts
Conquest[edit | edit source]
Mining[edit | edit source]
Pinnath Gelin features the standard ore distribution, but unlike other biomes it also features Gondor Rock below the surface. This rock is essential for the crafting of Gondorian building materials, and can be found in a thin layer beneath the dirt surface of the biome, in patches underground, and in boulders on the surface.
Vegetation[edit | edit source]
The vegetation is a bit more lush than that in the rest of Gondor. Unlike in the surrounding lands, aspen trees grow here, and beeches have made way for chestnut trees. The undergrowth is lusher and has more flowers and tall grasses.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Hirluin the Fair brought 300 men of Pinnath Gelin to defend Minas Tirith at the Siege of Minas Tirith.
The One Wiki to Rule Them All has an article on:
The Tolkien Gateway has an article on:
Blackroot Vale •