When idle, Pinnath Gelin captains will simply wander around. They will remain idle unless provoked, from which point they will fight back.
Upon reaching +200 alignment with Gondor, the player will be able to hire units from Pinnath Gelin captains. Below are the prices and alignment requirements for each unit. Note that the price decreases as your alignment increases.
|Unit||Unpledged Cost (Silver Coins)||Pledged Cost (Silver Coins)||Alignment Required (Gondor)||Requires Pledge (Gondor)|
|Gondor Levyman||20-40 ( to )||10-20 ( to )||+200||No|
|Pinnath Gelin Soldier||30-60 ( to )||15-30 ( to )||+250||No|
|Pinnath Gelin Cavalry||50-100 ( to )||25-50 ( to )||+350||No|
|Pinnath Gelin Banner Bearer||50-100 ( to )||25-50 ( to )||+400||No|
- Do you seek to command the soldiers of the Green Hills, Person?
- Our forces can be yours to command for only a small sum of silver.
- Our soldiers need paying, Person!
- Bring some silver coins and you can have some gallant soldiers, clad all in green.
- Are you here with the intention of hiring my soldiers?
- I can grant you some soldiers in return for silver coins.
- The Men of Pinnath Gelin now respect you enough to follow you into battle, Person.
- The people of the Green Hills trust you, Person. You may command our gallant soldiers.
- Do you wish to command the mighty green-clad armies of Pinnath Gelin?
- For a few dozen silver coins, you can command very valiant and loyal soldiers.
- If you wish to take my troops to battle, you'll have to pay for them!
- Give me some silver coins and I'll give you some soldiers!
- Only strong friends of Pinnath Gelin may command our armies, Person.
- If you wish to command the forces of Pinnath Gelin, you must prove that we can trust you.
- Are you friend or foe, Person?
- They say you are a friend of Pinnath Gelin, but I cannot be sure until you have done more good.
- One does not simply command soldiers of the Green Hills without earning some reputation first.
- You are not yet thought of highly enough to lead our soldiers into battle, Person.
- Show us that you can be trusted, Person, and we will allow you to lead our soldiers.
- You wish to command my soldiers? You'll have to prove yourself to the people of the Green Hills first, Person.
- Only a true friend of Pinnath Gelin can lead our gallant soldiers into battle.
- You'll have to prove yourself as an ally of Pinnath Gelin before you can command my swords, Person.
- You must do more good deeds for the people of these hills if you wish to command our armies.
- Prove your allegiance to Pinnath Gelin and I will let you command my gallant warriors.
|The Men of Gondor|
Soldier (Archer, Banner Bearer, Tower Guard)
Travelling item traders: