|“||‘I have thirty [Rangers] with me,’ said Halbarad. That is all of our kindred that could be gathered in haste […]. We rode as swiftly as we might when your summons came.’||”|
–The Return of the King, The Passing of the Grey Company
Ranger captains will only spawn in camps, which are found throughout Eriador and the Lone-lands, as well as all their variants and sub-biomes. They will also spawn more regularly in the Angle, in villages and camps.
Upon hiring a unit from a ranger captain, the player earns the achievement "Masters of Stealth".
|Unit||Cost (in silver coins)||Alignment (Dúnedain of the North)|
|Ranger of the North||50 ()||+300|
|Ranger outrider||70 ()||+400|
|Ranger banner bearer||70 ()||+450|
- These Dúnedain will follow your leadership for a small price, Person.
- I will give you some of my men for a dozen silver coins.
- The Rangers of the North now respect you enough to follow your command, Person.
- The Rangers of the North only follow good and valiant Men into battle. You are worthy to lead us.
- My men are the finest Rangers in all of the North!
- Do you seek to command the Dúnedain of the North, friend Person?
- Bring some silver coins and you can have some rangers under your command.
- You are worthy enough to command my valiant Rangers.
- Are you here with the intention of hiring Rangers of the North?
- Such great warriors as my men do not fight for nothing, Person! They require payment.
- I can grant you the leadership of some excellent Rangers in return for silver coins.
- You must prove yourself worthy first, if you wish to lead us to battle.
- They say you are a friend of the Dúnedain but I cannot be sure until you have done more good.
- You will have to prove yourself to our kin, if you with to command some of our mighty Rangers.
- One does not simply command Rangers of the North without gaining some reputation first.
- Show us that you can be trusted, Person, and we will fight alongside you.
- You are not yet thought of highly enough to fight with my Rangers in battle, Person.
- Only a true friend of our folk may lead us against the servants of evil.
- If you wish to captain the Rangers of the North, you must prove your trust.
- Prove your allegiance to us, and we shall ally with you.
- Only the strongest friends of the Dúnedain may fight with us in battle, Person.
- We Rangers do not follow any stranger into battle. You will have to prove that you truly fight for good in this world.
- You thought you could match our skill? You are sorely mistaken!
- Begone from these lands!
- Go back to the darkness whence you came!
- Flee our lands, you wretched ally of the Morgul-filth!
- You are not welcome in these lands, Person!
- What madness led you here?
- What devilry of the Dark Lord do you bring here?
- Your doom approaches, Person!
- Do not underestimate the Rangers of the North.
- When did Person forsake reason for madness?
- You are an enemy of the race of Men, Person!
- Your death shall come swift as the arrow that pierces flesh, Person!
- You shall meet your doom swiftly, scum of Mordor!
- Crawl back into the night, Person!
- I will not allow you to harm the free folk of these lands!
- I shall make an end of you!
|The Dúnedain of the North|
Travelling item traders: