These Hillman axe-throwers use either bronze or iron throwing axes as weapons, and are equipped with a mix of Angmar armour, bone armour, and/or fur armour (they also may occasionally spawn without a helmet). In addition, they carry an Angmar shield on their backs, but that is for cosmetic purposes only.
Rhudaur axe-throwers will attack all enemies of Angmar without hesitation, which means players with negative Angmar alignment should be wary when near them. When they see a target, the axe-thrower will move to a suitable distance (if they are too close they will move away) before using their ranged weapons. They do not have a melee attack. However, players who fight them should be careful; their thrown axes deal a lot of damage, and they can be launched with considerable speed and accuracy, and a few of them can quickly kill even a well-equipped player.
When there are no enemies nearby, the axe-throwers will wander idly around their environment. These NPCs are capable of bestowing mini-quests.
Another hire-able version of this NPC is the axe-thrower mounted on an Angmar Warg, which can be hired for a price of 70 coins at +300 alignment.
|Can be hired in Lone-Lands and other nearby regions.||Expensive for an axe thrower|
|Works well against swimming enemies||Has mediocre armour with the same statistics as Rohirric armour|
|Well priced alignment wise|
These primitive warriors may be nasty to the Dúnedain scum, but if you crush enough heads and earn some respect you will be greeted like a hero. However, if you are aligned with good, these warriors will most likely react by crushing your skull!
- You seem like a warrior of my kind, Person.
- Angmar will soon rise again!
- I have crushed many heads in battle. Have you, Person?
- What do you need?
- Angmar will rule and the lands of Númenóreans shall burn!
- Númenóreans are filthy animals. They will all perish before the power of Angmar!
- Welcome to our lands, Person, friend of Angmar.
- Warriors of great might, such as yours, are welcome in these lands.
- Rangers are no match for the strength of the Hillmen of Rhudaur!
- Are you a warrior of Rhudaur, Person?
- Can you fight like the warriors of Rhudaur, Person?
- The blood of the Westermen will be shed soon enough.
- Will you fight with us Hillmen, Person?
- We are glad to see you are an enemy of the Dúnedain Rangers, Person.
- Death to the Dúnedain!
- Death to the Númenórean filth!
- I have tasted the blood of Westermen many a time, and I shall again!
- If you are an enemy of the Rangers, you are a friend of ours.
- Any enemy of the Westermen is welcome in our lands.
- I'll smash your face in!
- Die, Dúnedain filth!
- You are not one of the Hillmen. Flee, scum!
- I'll crush your skull with my fist, Dúnadan scum!
- Run while you still can!
- You are an enemy of Angmar. Death awaits you!
- You will bleed quickly and die fast, Person!
- I'll break your legs, and then you won't be running any more!
- Your screams won't be heard by your filthy kin here!
- Death to you and your kin!
- I'll skin you like a rabbit!
- You belong with the meat, roasting on my fire!
- What Ranger fiend are you?
- You are no friend of ours, Person!
- Your doom belongs to the Morgul-lords now, Person!
- Scream for your life, weakling!
- You will squeal like the rest of the Númenórean rats!
- Curse you, friend of the Westermen!
- I will flay you alive!
- I have gutted tougher fish than you, Person!
- Let us burn their homes to ash!
- We fight for you, Person!
- I can almost taste the Rangers' wretched blood, Person.
- Lead us to battle!
- You are a mighty warrior of Rhudaur, Person!
- I want to crush their skulls under my foot!
- Where is the fight, Person? I want to kill!
- The roar of battle awaits!
- Your enemies are our enemies, Person!
- Let us stain the ground with the blood of Númenóreans!
- My weapon hungers for a head to split!
- Scars await us in the battle ahead, Person.
- You are a great warrior, Person. Lead us to victory.
|The Raiders of Angmar|
Orc (Archer, Banner Bearer, Bombardier) •
Troll (Chieftain, Hill) •