Rohirrim marshals are the hiring NPCs of the Rohirrim. They spawn naturally within fortresses and are easily recognizable by their marshal helms with the horse-hair mane flowing down their back, their capes, and the coin in their hand.
Upon hiring a unit from a Rohirrim marshal, the player earns the achievement "Forth Eorlingas!".
Rohirrim marshals will stay inside their fortresses. Like most hiring NPCs, they will not attack unless provoked, and in that case they will defend themselves with their default sword. If hurt, they will heal very rapidly, as long as they're not in combat.
After obtaining +150 alignment to Rohan, you will be able to hire Rohirrim. Below this level, the marshal will simply refuse to allow you to command his Rohirrim. The alignment requirements for the various units are as follows:
|Unit||Unpledged Cost (Silver Coins)||Pledged Cost (Silver Coins)||Alignment Required (Rohan)||Requires Pledge (Rohan)|
|Rohirrim Warrior||30-60 ( to )||15-30 ( to )||+150||No|
|Rohirrim Bowman||50-100 ( to )||25-50 ( to )||+200||No|
|Rohirrim Cavalry||50-100 ( to )||25-50 ( to )||+250||No|
|Rohirrim Bowman Cavalry||70-140 ( to )||35-70 ( to )||+300||No|
|Rohirrim Banner-Bearer||50-100 ( to )||25-50 ( to )||+300||No|
- I will give you some of my fine warriors, but you will need to pay me some silver coins first, Person.
- We Rohirrim are noble warriors, but even noble warriors require payment.
- You are truly a friend of Rohan. My men will be proud to fight on your side.
- For a few silver coins, you can command the mightiest warriors in Rohan.
- I can grant you the might of the Rohirrim in exchange for some silver coins,
- Welcome, Person! Do you seek to command the valiant Rohirrim?
- Our warriors are the finest horsemen in all Middle-earth.
- You have earned respect among our people, Person. Do you wish to hire any warriors?
- In exchange for a small sum of silver coins, my Rohirrim will gladly follow you into battle.
- Do you seek to hire a warrior of the Riddermark, Person?
- My men are the finest warriors in all of Rohan!
- I have many, fine warriors for hire. Have you any silver coins?
- Prove yourself to the Riddermark first and then I might let you command my men!
- Only those greatly respected in our lands may command the riders of Rohan, Person.
- You will have to prove your allegiance to the Men of Rohan if you wish to command our mighty warriors.
- If you seek to hire the service of the Rohirrim, you must first prove we can trust you.
- Are you seeking to command the forces of Rohan? I have heard no tales of your great deeds, Person.
- My men shall not follow any stranger to war!
- You seek to command the Rohirrim? You are no great lord of Rohan, Person.
- Not until your name is sung alongside the heroes of yore may you command our warriors, Person.
- Only true of Rohan can lead my men to battle.
- We cannot fight beside one so young in deeds as you, Person.
- You will need to prove yourself first before you can command these valiant warriors.
|The Horse-Lords of Rohan|
Banner Bearer •
Travelling item traders: