LOTR Survival is one of the most popular and more casual LOTR Mod servers, complimenting the power of the LOTR Mod with custom commands and features, made to fit the server perfectly.
When you join, you can do whatever you want - be it exploring, fighting NPCs, building bases, fighting players, roleplay - and much more! Our flagship mechanic is territory conquest (integrated with factions, sieges, battles and wars). We also have a plethora of other custom features, talked about in some more detail below.
To get a brief impression of the server please check out the server trailer directly below!
Join our Discord server: https://discord.gg/JuaGD5m
Official server trailer: https://youtu.be/66As1ul31mQ
- 1 Conquest
- 2 Factions
- 3 Sieges
- 4 Battles and Wars
- 5 Raiding
- 6 Kit PvP Conflicts (/pvp)
- 7 Creative Plotworld
- 8 Events
- 9 War Machinery
- 10 Lore
- 11 Daily Rewards and Challenges
- 12 Features
- 12.1 Reset alignment and achievements
- 12.2 Time and weather voting
- 12.3 Chairs
- 12.4 Hired unit counting command
- 12.5 Survival arena
- 12.6 Lobby arena
- 12.7 Homes
- 12.8 Custom crafting recipes
- 12.9 Lobby shop
- 12.10 Dynamic player limit
- 12.11 PvP immunity for new players
- 12.12 Tree chopping
- 12.13 Stats
- 12.14 Player and Boss Kills counter on weapons
- 12.15 Team chats
- 12.16 TPA
- 13 Useful links
- Conquest is one of LOTR Survival's most highly-developed systems, and is a complex combination of smaller things such as factions, territories, sieges and more.
- Some players decide to do nothing but conquest, while others prefer to completely abstain from partaking in it. The way it is designed means that both playstyles are perfectly fine. Most players are involved in conquest in one form or another.
- If you like PvP, diplomacy or tactics (tactics within PvP conflicts or tactics on strategically deciding which territories to attack), you will likely enjoy conquest.
- Being prominent on the conquest scene is often a good way of becoming a well-renowned player on the server. You can almost guarantee getting into our lore directory and the hall of fame if you conquer enough land. (Lore directory: https://sites.google.com/view/lotr-survival-lore/history).
- Conquest Information: https://sites.google.com/view/lotrsurvival-conquest
- The website above will explain everything technical about the conquest system, but some things can only be learned through experience, both from asking other players and going through them yourself.
Anyone can join a faction without any requirements by using our faction lobby displays, which can be accessed in the lobby. (Alternatively you can use /f join). On joining you are given the default faction rank. You can get to your faction's area by using /f home.
Factions have a variety of features:
- Editing a custom sign message in a lobby display.
- Editing a faction MOTD, broadcast to all faction members when they log on.
- Setting and teleporting to a faction home.
- Customising your and your members' titles.
- Forging alliances and coalitions with other factions.
Our factions system is controlled using the command /faction.
To apply for faction leadership, use /apply on the server.
We also have the option for players to create custom factions!
All detail on creating custom factions can be found at https://forms.gle/ZQD4BKmiVozWg86g7
Sieges are a formal scheduled conflict which take place at a siegeable structure. They can be as part of a territory overtake, for fun (recreational), or for a good reason.
Attackers are given siege machines to help them with the assault - we have battering rams, siege bombs and more siege tools.
All detail of how sieges work is available at https://sites.google.com/view/lotrsurvival-sieges
Battles and Wars
Battles are similar to sieges in one way, but also very different in another - they are a regulated and scheduled conflict, but the playstyle is very different.
Battle information can be found at https://sites.google.com/view/lotrsurvival-battles
Wars are large-scale conflicts which utilise both battles and sieges. They can be used in mass territory overtakes.
War information: https://sites.google.com/view/lotrsurvival-wars
Raids are a way to steal weekly territory resources from certain territories. They are formal but not scheduled in advance, and hence you can be raided with complete surprise!
Raid information: https://sites.google.com/view/lotrsurvival-raids
Kit PvP Conflicts (/pvp)
We have a kit PvP siege system on the server, commonly known as /pvp. You can use that command to access it.
The beauty of this is that you can play a siege or battle, but with no strings attached - you don't need to worry about gear or forfeitures as you may need to in normal sieges.There are a variety of cool maps offering different classes (kits), sizes and features!
Featured footage from /pvp:
We have a creative plotworld (commonly called build) which anyone can use!
Use /build to enter the plotworld from survival - you can use the same command to leave the plotworld at any time. To create and manage plots, run /plot help
- Use /buildtimevote or /btv while in the plotworld to initiate a vote to change the time between night and day. This can be helpful for testing lighting.
- Read our build rules carefully when you join build.
- You can view our Dynmap for the plotworld here: https://lotrmc.net/build
We have various types of events:
- Spontaneous and unscheduled events which we initiate if there are enough players online.
- Planned events which are announced in advance.
- Seamlessly coded and integrated events, which are designed like minigames. These can be re-played at any time.
- 'Manual' events which are coordinated by staff - these tend to be large one-off events.
You can win prizes and get rewards for coming to events, as well as having a lot of fun on a packed server!
Any scheduled events are announced in our Discord server - join using https://discord.gg/JuaGD5m
We have three different war machines which aren't restricted to official conflicts (they can be used in normal survival as well). All three of them can be bought for in-game coins in our lobby shop.
- LOTR Survival has working catapults!
- A full description of how catapults work is below:
- The hwacha was a multiple rocket launcher used in 16th century Asia - it fired rocket-powered flaming arrows.
- We have our own version on the server - a full description is below:
- You can fire powerful ballistas on the server!
- A full description of how ballistas work:
- You cast boiling oil over your walls on unsuspecting attackers:
Since our server has been running for so long, we have an incredibly rich history with a variety of notable players, factions, wars, and more.
We have a constantly evolving lore directory, which several contributors try to update with the most accurate, detailed and unbiased information possible. You can find the directory at https://sites.google.com/view/lotr-survival-lore/history - please note that it is always a work in progress as more and more events happen on the server!
Daily Rewards and Challenges
You can earn up to 17.6k coins every single week from completing daily challenges!
- Every day at midnight British time, three new daily challenges will be randomly selected and given to everyone.
- You can use /challenges to see today's challenges.
- One challenge is classed as Easy, one as Moderate and one as Hard.
- Completing a particular difficulty will give you various instant coin rewards:
- Easy: 100c.
- Moderate: 250c.
- Hard: 500c.
- However - you will make the most money through bonuses!
- Completing all three challenges in a day will reward you with a 1k coin bonus.
- There is also a larger weekly bonus available:
- A challenge week starts every Friday (British time), and ends on the Thursday after (British time).
- Use /challenges progress to view your progress.
- Succeeding in this will give you a 5k bonus, resulting in the maximum weekly rewards of 17.6k coins!
Reset alignment and achievements
- If you ever want to start afresh on the server, you can reset your alignment or your achievements hassle-free by using /alignmentreset or /achievementreset
Time and weather voting
- Anyone can initiate a time or weather vote by using /timevote or /weathervote
- This lets everyone online vote for their preference of the time or weather.
- Weather voting simply needs a majority to pass, but time voting needs a unanimous agreement to pass. This means that time votes rarely pass, but can if everyone agrees. It also means that you can simply vote no and the vote will immediately fail.
- You can sit on any stair block if it has at least 2 blocks of free space above it - very helpful for RP situations!
Hired unit counting command
- You can count your hired units with ease on LOTR Survival by using /unitcount
- You must specify a radius to count in - /unitcount count <radius>
- If you need to, you can even choose to count your units which are in a specific company! (/unitcount count <radius> <company>)
- You can enter our survival arena by using /arena
- This can be used for any purpose - from duelling another player to chaotic free-for-all fighting with other players.
- There is also a PvP-free spectator zone.
- Do not get this confused with the survival arena!
- The lobby arena is a much larger and more 'natural' arena - it can be found in the lobby.
- This can also be used for any purpose, although 1v1s are usually held in the survival arena.
- You are able to set a home which has no cooldown - use /home
- Keep in mind that there is a cooldown on setting the home - you can only set your home once every 24 hours.
- Like LOTR Mod waypoints, using /home will teleport your hired units and mount, if you are riding one.
Custom crafting recipes
- We have a number of custom crafting recipes - you can see all of them here: https://sites.google.com/view/lotrsurvival-craftingrecipes
- We have a lobby shop where you can buy things with in-game coins.
- It currently stocks trader, smith and captain spawn eggs, as well as jukeboxes, music discs and war machines.
Dynamic player limit
- The server's 'soft' player limit is set to 20, to make our tablist look neater.
- However, when we hit 20 players, the server allows more players to join.
- Our 'hard' player limit is 60.
- Our current server record for players online is 84 players, and it was achieved during an official battle on 17 Jan 2021.
PvP immunity for new players
- As a new player you receive 5 hours of PvP immunity (time played) - use it wisely!
- If you wish to remove it early, you can use /removeimmunity
- We have our own server-side version of the popular Treecapitator mod:
- You can view your lifetime stats using /lifestats.
- We also have monthly stats which reset at the turn of every month - you can view these using /stats.
- To check other players' stats, you can add their name after the /lifestats or /stats commands.
- There are stats leaderboards for each category. View them using /topstats for monthly stats, or /toplifestats for lifetime stats.
- We have a hall of fame in the lobby which displays the top players for each monthly and lifetime stat.
- You can also view our stats on our web-based leaderboard: https://lotrmc.net/stats
Player and Boss Kills counter on weapons
- The number of players and bosses (Balrogs, Hill-troll Chieftains and Mallorn Ents) you have killed with an item is stored in that item's lore.
- This is commonly used to value weapons.
- You can create, join and manage team chats using /team help
- These are an improvement on the LOTR Mod /fmsg system, as they don't require you to type /fmsg at the start of every message.
- Instead you can just use /team to toggle team chat on or off, and /team select to select one of your teams to chat to.
- You may /tpa to another player, and if they accept you are teleported to them.
- If someone is irritating you by spamming you with TPA requests, you can use /tpa mute <name>.
- TPA on LOTR Survival is better than other common TPA plugins or mods; it teleports your hired units with you, and also your mount if you are riding one. You are even told how many hired units teleported with you!
- How to join LOTR Survival: https://sites.google.com/view/lotrsurvival-downloads
- Official Technic modpack: https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/lotr-survival-official-modpack.1062456
- Rules: https://sites.google.com/view/lotrsurvival-rules
- Discord invite: https://discord.gg/JuaGD5m
- Conquest: https://sites.google.com/view/lotrsurvival-conquest
- Sieges: https://sites.google.com/view/lotrsurvival-sieges
- Battles: https://sites.google.com/view/lotrsurvival-battles
- Wars: https://sites.google.com/view/lotrsurvival-wars
- Conquest map: https://lotrmc.net/map
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmyzxoJFVXKGoikJ1QqeU2A
- Stats leaderboard: https://lotrmc.net/stats
- Build Dynmap: https://lotrmc.net/build