LoTRCircles is a modpack anchored on the marvelous Lord of the Rings mod. It was created for the CircleCraft Network and is intended for use on the server hosted there, but should work quite well in SSP as well. Originally set in the early summer of 2015, the pack was recently revamped with the latest version of the LotR mod (as of September 2016) and the server map was reset in February 2016 to accomodate many new features in the LotR mod.
The LoTRCircles pack adds what we hope are features and gameplay mechanics which enhance the multi-player aspects of the game while maintaining the adventurous feel of the core LotR mod. Effort has been made to maintain balance between mods and not to include things which drastically alter the immersive experience provided by the LotR mod.
- Extra magical based mods to enhance the play experience.
- Player claims to prevent griefing (if you want, you can even exclude people from your claims, or the claims system can be avoided completely if you prefer).
- CircleCraft cross-server chat with the other CC modpacks.
- Friendly, helpful community. Very low-key and relaxed.
- Newly reset world (as of February 10, 2016).
- Sphax Texture Pack (not 100% complete, but not bad).
- Small number of mods so it plays well with only 1G of RAM allocated in the Launcher.
- For the most part, just don't be a butt. Be friendly and tread lightly.
- No non-consensual PvP.
- Don't build near other players unless you ask first.
- Feel free to take things from NPC houses, but try not to just wreck the structures. This is supposed to be an immersive, adventuring world.
Modpack: Hosted on the Technic Platform
Server Address: lotr.circlecraft.info
The server should be up at all times. The server makes hourly full backups and keeps a full backup from each day for 10 days.