The expression "Southron" or "Haradrim" is used for 5 distinct groups of peoples of Near Harad:
- The Coast Southrons of the highly populated Southron Coasts in the west.
- The people of Umbar, a fertile and wealthy coastal region around the Havens of Umbar, enclosed by the Southron Coasts.
- The peoples of the Harnedhrim of Harnennor in the north.
- The Gulfings of the Gulf of Harad in the south-east.
- The Harad Nomads of The Great Desert, in the heart of the region.
Further more, in a wider sense, also the people of Far Harad might be reffered to by this word:
- The Half-trolls of Perdorogwaith in the east of Harad.
- The Morwaith, which populate the grasslands in the center of Harad.
- The Taurethrim of the jungle in the very south of Harad.
|The Half-trolls of Perdorogwaith|
|The Morwaith of Far Harad|
|The Taurethrim of Far Harad|
Taurethrim (Banner Bearer, Blowgunner, Farmhand, Warrior)