They function in virtually the same way, but require a pickaxe of any level to mine and cannot be mined with bare hands. They also cannot form large chests, however, any number can be placed next to each other because of this, making them useful for obtaining maximum storage in a given area, with a slight sacrifice in regards to convenience.
There is currently no way to craft stone chests or buy them from a trader. Therefore, if you want a stone chest in your house, you'll have to mine one from one of the many generated structures listed below.
They spawn in many structures through the world. These structures are listed below.
- Ruined Dúnedain Tower - Ruined Arnor brick tower with loot at the top.
- Taurethrim Pyramid - Large Far Harad Jungle dungeon with valuable loot at the end.
- Underwater Elven Ruin - Ruin of the First Age, found in The Sea biome.
- Rhudaur Castle - Large ruins found in the biomes surrounding Angmar, often containing quite valuable loot. A stone chest is found in one of the four corners.
- Orc Dungeon - Small dungeons with loot in them that can be found in various biomes.
- Rohan Barrow - Small barrows that spawn in Rohan that have Rohirric Valueables
- Barrow-downs Barrow - Barrow of the petty kings with valuable loot (if you defeat the wight)
- Gondor Ruins - In the burial chamber under the small Gondorian ruin.
- Harad Pyramid - Pyramids in honor of the Eye in the Great desert, rich in danger and loot.
|The Dúnedain of the North|
|The Taurethrim of Far Harad|
Taurethrim (Banner Bearer, Blowgunner, Farmhand, Warrior)